cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Skills for creating pins

voxdominus
Just visiting

Hi, everyone!

Should I have some visual design skills for creating good pins?

Love to hear your thoughts!

3 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
PinterestGabby
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @voxdominus! There's some great tools out there you can use to up your visual Pin game. Take a peek at this thread for inspiration.  

I'll tag in some folks who might have some tips and tricks up their sleeves they can share. 😉 @therealsouthamerica@AmericanoCrystals@unlimitedmama and @owlbbaking.  

Did my response answer your question? Be sure to select "Accept as Solution" to help other community members on the PBC.

View solution in original post

3 Kudos
14 Replies
PinterestGabby
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @voxdominus! There's some great tools out there you can use to up your visual Pin game. Take a peek at this thread for inspiration.  

I'll tag in some folks who might have some tips and tricks up their sleeves they can share. 😉 @therealsouthamerica@AmericanoCrystals@unlimitedmama and @owlbbaking.  

Did my response answer your question? Be sure to select "Accept as Solution" to help other community members on the PBC.

View solution in original post

3 Kudos
voxdominus
Just visiting

Thanks a lot!

0 Kudos
AmericanoCrystals
Problem-solver

@PinterestGabby  Hey! Thank you for tagging!

1 Kudo
therealsouthamerica
Jack-of-all-trades

@PinterestGabby hi there thanks for the tag❤️

Please Follow Me On Pinterest: Real South American Living Thanks! Lisa❤️
Currently Pinning to: southamerica.fit Happy Valentine's Day❤️
1 Kudo
therealsouthamerica
Jack-of-all-trades

@voxdominus Hi there 👋 I use Canva | Adobe Stock | Unsplash - I use Squarespace so I also purchase from Unsplash but I have my own account with Unsplash which you are free to use the photos. All are great and work well!

I still have one board that doesn't have a created cover - I find that the created covers for the boards work well for viewers and followers.

Glad you are here.

Lisa😁

Please Follow Me On Pinterest: Real South American Living Thanks! Lisa❤️
Currently Pinning to: southamerica.fit Happy Valentine's Day❤️
2 Kudos
voxdominus
Just visiting

Many thanks!

1 Kudo
AmericanoCrystals
Problem-solver

Hey there!  @voxdominus No, you don't have to be a well qualified graphic designer in order to be successful on Pinterest, but there are some tips you should follow:

A well-designed pin should have an aesthetic look and a strong message with a text overlay on it. Texts should be short and simple so your customers can understand it easily.

Use your best images, try to pin high quality images rather than pinning a lot of poor quality pins.

Make sure the photo you find is large enough, so it doesn’t appear blurry or pixelated, which looks very unprofessional.

Hope it was helpful.

-Sophia-

4 Kudos
voxdominus
Just visiting

Thank you Sofia!

What about "20 design rules you should never break", "15 Graphic Design Rules for Non-Designers", "The 5 rules of design composition and layout", etc?

https://www.canva.com/learn/design-rules/

https://www.visme.co/videos/graphic-design-rules/

https://99designs.com/blog/tips/design-composition-and-layout/

2 Kudos
AmericanoCrystals
Problem-solver

Hey! @voxdominus thank you for the links. Actually I never came across to these kind of articles, they might be helpful. But I don't think you should set boundaries to yourself, you can design some couple of pins and check out which ones are working for you. Just make it good looking, understandable and high quality. Good Luck!

1 Kudo