Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

Single Day Follower Drop

31daily
Just visiting

On Oct 7, I noticed a significant single-day follower drop (for me). My account has always had a slow but steady increase but noticed a loss of almost 400 followers in a single day. Since then, I've had an increase of maybe 1 to 2 new followers. I've reached out to the help desk but wondered if anyone had any thoughts? It makes me nervous with an overall drop in impressions as well. Account is @31daily 

0 Kudos
4 Replies
pinterestmarketingexpert
Jack-of-all-trades

Because spammers often follow other accounts some Pinterest users will see their follower numbers drop after the mass spam deletion. Naturally I would also need to see your Pinterest activity to give you an accurate answer. 

0 Kudos
31daily
Just visiting

Thank you! Hopefully, that is the cause. I did receive a reply from the Help Center and they indicated that looking at my Tailwind analytics follower numbers graph didn't perhaps accurately reflect the situation. 

0 Kudos
pinterestmarketingexpert
Jack-of-all-trades

1. Focus on getting those outbound links. I wouldn't worry about 400 followers since you already have an active account. 

2. Try your best to show a video first on your IDEA pins. 

3. How's the performance of your Standard pins? Have you noticed a pattern of the types of images that's getting tons of saves and outbound links? We're seeing a pattern of what's getting the highest engagement with our "Food" clients. 

0 Kudos
31daily
Just visiting

Those are great points. I haven't added video to the Idea Pins -- I'm not sure why that didn't occur to me! The Standard pins have always done well, but lately, pins that are driving the most traffic are other people's pins to the site. Video pins did really well for a time, but are getting little impressions lately.

0 Kudos