Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

Shopify Catalog truncates product descriptions

bellabluedesigns
Just visiting

Hi,

Because the pinterest product descriptions only allow a limited amount of text, my catalog truncates my product descriptions on my pins. I fixed each one individually but then the syncing does the same thing the next day, of course I realized that after I fixed each description.

Should I unlink my shopify and upload my catalog with the cvs file instead? (which I have successfully done for a limited number of products but it seemed to make more sense to link directly to shopify once I realized that was an option.)

How do other people handle the product descriptions? (I can't/do not want to make my shopify descriptions shorter.)

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
PinterestGabby
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there @bellabluedesigns! The descriptions have a 500 character limit, so anything beyond that will be truncated. Going the manual feed/CSV route won’t really help here because Pins descriptions will still be subject to same character limit. Hope that helps, and please let me know if you have any other questions. 

View solution in original post

1 Kudo
1 Reply
PinterestGabby
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there @bellabluedesigns! The descriptions have a 500 character limit, so anything beyond that will be truncated. Going the manual feed/CSV route won’t really help here because Pins descriptions will still be subject to same character limit. Hope that helps, and please let me know if you have any other questions. 

1 Kudo