cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shopify and Image Selection

sayanythingstudio

Just integrated my Shopify store into pinterest and what a disaster for main image "picking". Hope there is a resolution soon, but from the looks of this thread, looks like the waiting may be in vain. 

6 Kudos
flessies

I've had the same problem, so I decided to delete the automatically created product pins because I thought I would be able to add them manually. I've not found a way to do this with Shopify. The Pinterest Shopify app still says that the product pins have been released, while they are nowhere to be found on Pinterest. Reconnecting Shopify and Pinterest doesn't work either.

I've already been waiting for support to reply for almost a MONTH. PLEASE get your .... together Pinterest, and make a proper Shopify app in the first place.

I'm not using Pinterest ads until this has been fixed, since the campaign that I ran so far was basically for nothing.

4 Kudos
firstdayofhome
Just visiting

You can add me to this list of concerned shop owners.

I just launched my Shopify store, and not only are the images on Pinterest randomly picked, but Pinterest also has randomly chosen different price variants from my product pages. Many products show up at a higher price than the entry-level/default price.

I see some accounts that don't have any prices showing on their Shop tab, so I'm wondering how they did that.

If anyone knows, please let me know!

firstdayofhome.com | @firstdayofhome
3 Kudos
thehalcyonhive
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

Hi @firstdayofhome - Welcome to PBC!

I believe in the the Shopping Office Hours last night, the team mentioned they are actively working on more Shop Tab customizations (i.e. image selection).  They have heard us loud and clear - I just don't know when that will roll out.  They said they have a lot of updates planned for early 2022, but hopefully this one will happen sooner!

As far as the pricing thing goes, that didn't come up in the office hours.  You might try submitting that in the help form: https://help.pinterest.com/en/contact 

At least that way it will bring it to their attention.   

----------
❤︎ Cali, Pinterest Strategist at The Halcyon Hive
Please follow me on: PINTEREST and INSTAGRAM
Set up your Pinterest account to attract your ideal audience ⇨ FREE mini-course

4 Kudos
firstdayofhome
Just visiting

Thanks @thehalcyonhive! I didn't get any notifications about the office hours yesterday, but I saw that they had one. I'm hoping there will be a solution soon.

I already have a help request in process on the pricing thing. Hopefully, that issue will get resolved.

Question (for you or anyone else): Does it make sense to create standard pins (or Idea Pins) for products in a Shopify store? I'm used to pinning for my blog, but this is my first time trying to get eyeballs on products. I'll eventually do ad campaigns, but I'm wondering if tagging a product would work for Idea Pins too. This at least would give control over the images shown.

2 Kudos
thehalcyonhive
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

No worries about missing the office hours, @PinterestGabby or @PinterestJazmin will be posting the reply soon!  Also, they have plans to make it a regular thing so keep your eye out for the next Open office hours.  🙌🏻

I would definitely recommend creating additional pins (standard, video, idea, collections, etc.) of your products.  This just gets more content of yours onto Pinterest and in front of a wider audience. Over time, you'll be able to see (in your analytics overview and conversion insights) which pin formats performs the best for you. 

What I've been doing for some of my e-commerce clients is creating idea pins and tagging their products and also going back and adding product tags to older existing pins. 

Hope this helps! 🙂

----------
❤︎ Cali, Pinterest Strategist at The Halcyon Hive
Please follow me on: PINTEREST and INSTAGRAM
Set up your Pinterest account to attract your ideal audience ⇨ FREE mini-course

4 Kudos
firstdayofhome
Just visiting

Great! Thanks for the advice. It is helpful to get another perspective.

Hopefully, I'll see you on the next office hours call!

1 Kudo
WhitebarkVintage
Just visiting

So sad that they couldn’t have this problem fixed a year ago when the issue started. Not good for retailers during The Holidays. Pinterest is absolutely useless to me until it’s fixed. Not paying for advertising in a flawed social media network. And the work around are time consuming and ridiculous. Sigh! 

1 Kudo
supmogo

We are also having this issue. 

The Pinterest algorithm is using a picture of the back of our product box to display.

Would really hope that this is getting solved at this point because it is frustrating to run paid advertisement to a picture of the back of a box.  

It's already the start of holiday season! SOS.

2 Kudos
PinterestDebora

Hi @supmogo welcome to PBC! It is expected that if the product on Shopify has variants, Pinterest will create one pin for each variant and whichever is the main image that is the one we will use. We are still working on a fix for this, keep an eye on our newsroom for all the updates.
In the meantime, if you rather select your own image, I suggest creating a separate product on Shopify for the variants. For example: the current setup now is a Pen, with 3 colours (red, black, blue), on Shopify, 1 product you can set variants, what I’m suggesting is making a product specific for the variant you have, so it is 1 image for each product. We are sorry for the inconvenience this causes. We appreciate your feedback and I will make sure to forward it internally. 

Did my response answer your question? Be sure to select "Accept as Solution" to help other community members on the PBC.

1 Kudo