Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

Shopify and Image Selection

yogasanamats
Just visiting

In my Shop tab, I would like the first image to appear (the front of the product) and not one of the other images -- but it appears that Pinterest is pulling in random images (sometimes the 2nd, 3rd or last)? How do I direct it so it pulls in the first product image?

4 Kudos
40 Replies
greensparkstech

I also have this same problem - backs of products, data sheets etc are being displayed and these are are, shall we say, not very aesthetically pleasing.

1 Kudo
atomiccherry

Oh goodness me! How on earth was this considered a good idea when creating this integration? I am just in awe. Please just take the first image from Shopify!!!
Please turn off the 'algorithm as it's clearly not working.  I won't be advertising any products until this is fixed. You are making business owners look completely inept. 

2 Kudos
WhitebarkVintage
Just visiting

So sad that they couldn’t have this problem fixed a year ago when the issue started. Not good for retailers during The Holidays. Pinterest is absolutely useless to me until it’s fixed. Not paying for advertising in a flawed social media network. And the work around are time consuming and ridiculous. Sigh! 

1 Kudo
PaperPlannerInk
Just visiting

I am experiencing the same, most of my products have no variants,  but Pinterest persists in taking something other than the first image. I can't display this as is at this time, it is messy and makes no sense. Posting an image included for care instructions is silliness.  

2 Kudos
PinterestDebora

Hi @echohillforge, @greensparkstech, @atomiccherry, @WhitebarkVintage, @PaperPlannerInk welcome to PBC! 

Thanks for your patience, we are so sorry for this, and we absolutely hear you. We are prioritizing this and will share updates with Gabby and Jazmin actively as improvements roll out for the Shopify integration.

With Shopify integration, having multiple images is yet to be fully supported, this means we will pick the main image of the product pin based on Pinterest algorithm combined with user data. 

We definitely know that this is frustrating especially because other platforms let you decide how your products look! We are well aware of this restriction and our team is working on improving the logic behind how the main pin image is selected. We will soon add a functionality that will allow you to pick the main pin image. Along with this, the ability to show multiple images in one pin, a format known as Carousel

We truly appreciate the support and again, our sincerest apology that this experience is not the best! The update has been a long standing work in progress, which is a reminder that all good things take some time and this wait is definitely worth it! 🙂 

0 Kudos
printedheron

I linked my shopify store to Pinterest in December 2020 and ran into this issue.  Went in circles with tech support for weeks with no answers.  There was nothing about it online in any forum.  Finally got an email 3 months later that Pinterest recognized there was an issue with it's automatic selection of product images.  

I deleted the integration and the pinterest account, then recreated it (this was the only way I could find to get rid of all the garbage it generated).  Just thought I'd check back and see if the issue was fixed after a year- NOPE! 

"having multiple images is yet to be fully supported" - whoever developed this integration without multiple image support doesn't understand ecommerce at all.  It's essential to sell products online.  Just look at any listing on Amazon. 

I guess I'll give it another year and check back...  this is obviously not a priority for Pinterest. 

1 Kudo
PinterestDebora

Hi @printedheron, welcome to PBC! Thanks for your patience, we are so sorry for this, and we absolutely hear you. We are prioritizing this and will share updates with Gabby and Jazmin actively as improvements roll out for the Shopify integration.

With Shopify integration, having multiple images is yet to be fully supported, this means we will pick the main image of the product pin based on Pinterest algorithm combined with user data. 

We definitely know that this is frustrating especially because other platforms let you decide how your products look! We are well aware of this restriction and our team is working on improving the logic behind how the main pin image is selected. We will soon add a functionality that will allow you to pick the main pin image. Along with this, the ability to show multiple images in one pin, a format known as Carousel

We truly appreciate the support and again, our sincerest apology that this experience is not the best! The update has been a long-standing work in progress, which is a reminder that all good things take some time and this wait is definitely worth it! 🙂 

1 Kudo
LuckyShotsFired

#Follow

Same issue here (Shopify integration). 

0 Kudos
deniseosmon
Just visiting

70F07180-B2B2-4FB0-B89F-EE38BD0DD8DE.jpegOver two months and still nothing. Absolutely, being ghosted. I’m beyond upset. Why can’t Pinterest get their act together?   Can you explain why you aren’t doing anything?  And please don’t insult me by saying you’re working on it. It’s been 2 years. 

2 Kudos
alisammeredith
Loves to help

Hi word removed per Community Guidelines! I can see why this isn't what you'd want as a Pin image. Sincere question - is this an image you want on your Shopify product listing? 

0 Kudos