Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

Re: Shopify and Image Selection

moonlightcitizen
Just visiting

Yet another business here with a Shopify shop where Pinterest's auto-selected images are not good at all. I am not going to be able to run an ad campaign against my Shop until this is resolved because the images are so bad. I also don't want to ruin my conversion rates by removing all but one photo. Please keep us posted on this this fix.

Thanks!

6 Kudos
4 Replies
PinterestSusana

Hi @MagnoliaLaneSC, @financialfootwork and @moonlightcitizen. 

Thanks for letting us know your feedback. I'm going to make sure to relay it internally. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Let me know if you need anything!

2 Kudos
craftyalien
Just visiting

Also another business who PICKED the BEST image to SELL a product as the FIRST image and Pinterest decides the BEST thing is to not actually SHOW an image that would SELL my product, and as of yet, the only recommendation is to REMOVE all the other images? The other images are RARELY going to be the best image.

This is a major kind of ridiculous. It's weird how Shopify can show the first image, but Pinterest is like "no, business owner, you're not smart enough to pick the correct image. Here, have this last image, it's informational graphic that doesn't show your product. Pinterest thinks THIS would sell your product."

How many months has this been going on and someone can't figure it out? 

9 Kudos
pinksaltriot
Just visiting

Yeah this is a disaster. I would be spending hundreds on Pinterest ads right now if this were fixed but you guys are going to get $0 of my holiday ad spend if this doesn't get fixed! This is so ridiculous I can't even believe it - why in the world was it built this way in the first place???

7 Kudos
sayanythingstudio

Just integrated my Shopify store into pinterest and what a disaster for main image "picking". Hope there is a resolution soon, but from the looks of this thread, looks like the waiting may be in vain. 

6 Kudos