Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

Re: Shopify and Image Selection

coderstickers
Just visiting

Hi!
I have the same issue https://www.pinterest.com/coderstickers/_shop/ Pinterest chose a photo of a mailing envelope, not a product 🙂
Is there any progress in solving the problem?
Or maybe it is possible to select a photo (or create a rule) manually?

@PinterestSusana 

Thank you in advance.

7 Kudos
4 Replies
PinterestSusana

Hi @coderstickers!

We are still working on it.

The only workaround available would be removing any other images from your Shopify product page so Pinterest ingests the only available image. Seeing as this would not be ideal, we are diligently working on the fix.

Let me know if you need anything else!

3 Kudos
WhitebarkVintage
Just visiting

I have a hard time believing that it’s 6 months later with no solution.  This is ridiculous not to have the algorithm fixed for the first photo.  It’s bad business and extremely frustrating. I would like to know where in the process of fixing this problem is Pinterest?  Because there is no point in paying for advertising for the back of the product photo.  

13 Kudos
financialfootwork
Just visiting

This is still a very frustrating issue because some of the supporting images of my products are shared across multiple products and when the algorithm pics them it makes some of my products look indistinguishable. 

Any update on a timeline for these being addressed?

4 Kudos
deniseosmon
Just visiting

It is now May of 2022. Your diligence is a joke. Hey Pinterest, get your sh$& together!  And your response that this is number one on the list is a lie. Can you please update us on what’s going on? 

0 Kudos