Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

Seriously low impressions.

grassfedmama
Just visiting

I’m not sure what happened, but over the past 2 weeks I have noticed a significant drop in impressions. At first I thought it was a fluke, but now I post a NEW post (fresh content) and get single digit impressions. 

I went from 2,000 impressions to 2. 

I’m not sure what the steps are to fix this, but from what I’m reading is that this is not an isolated issue. 

does anyone have any suggestions or tips? 

4 Kudos
10 Replies
voxdominus
Just visiting

Hi there!

2,000 impressions / pin / how much time: day, week, etc?

0 Kudos
PinterestGabby
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @grassfedmama, thanks for bringing this to our attention and sharing your experience on the community. What you'll want to do is file a ticket with our internal team who will be able to diagnose and figure out what's going on with your account. Let us know if you have any questions in the meantime, and keep us posted on the resolution with support. 👍

1 Kudo
traveldotearth
Just visiting

@PinterestGabby : I am facing the same issue on my account as well. And I have raised a ticket regarding the same.  This is my request number: 163888. Could you please check and let me know the progress? 

Thanks.

0 Kudos
theburntsunsetnovel
Loves to help

Make sure your website is verified. There will be a check mark next to it on your profile. An unverified website can mess with impression counts. Then go into your analytics and do search on your most popular pins. If you find an identical pin that links to another website, that's proof someone is spamming you. File a DCMA and let the Pinterest team assigned to look into your impression counts that you've found a spammer. You should also try posting stories and movies and see if your impression counts change. It's hard for spammers to mess with movies and stories. Again let the team know what you found.

0 Kudos
SidarDesigns
Just visiting

I just came to this forum because the same thing happened to me. I just filed a ticket and waiting to see what has been going on and how it can be fixed. It seems all we have to do is wait 'cause it must be happening all over Pinterest and Pinterest Team should be working on it already. Last month my account also disappeared which led to major frustration but that was fixed after a couple emails. Let's see what happens.

0 Kudos
PinterestGabby
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey everyone, for more info around the recent reports of impression drops, please check out this post and feel free to drop any questions/concerns there so we can monitor. Thanks! 

0 Kudos
theburntsunsetnovel
Loves to help

I have a similar issue where my pin impressions disappear overnight and reappear a couple of days later or sometimes not at all. Here is the response yesterday from the help desk after 18 days of back and forth emails:

"I completely understand your situation!

We have come across a few partners who are facing the same issue i.e. significant drop in impressions on the pins within a day. It's one of the rare scenarios for the impressions stats to fluctuate due to technical issues.

As I mentioned earlier, we have escalated the issue to the engineering team and they are working on it. However, there is no specific timeline for the fix but please be assured it will get fixed within 8 weeks."

1 Kudo
backednpacked

Really disappointing, I'm a new member and started well with quite a 100s of view /month, now everything came crashing and no viewers at all, and was thinking i did something wrong. Honestly this is sad if is coming from Pinterest. I hope they will fix asap

0 Kudos
PinterestGabby
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @grassfedmama and @backednpacked, thanks for sharing your experiences on the Business Community. We hear you and absolutely understand how frustrating this might be. If you haven't already please file a ticket with our support team so they can look and see if there's anything affecting your account. Also, be sure to check out this community post that addresses the reports we've had about impressions and recent drops in traffic. Hope this helps. 👍

0 Kudos