Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

Seeking help with Shopify and Pinterest

FoodCreationNation
Just visiting

Hi Pinterest Business Community!

I'm having a few issues with my account, any help or advice would be great! Please note that I've contacted the help center and they have never gotten back to me.

Quick background, I have a linked Shopify store using the Pinterest App for Shopify. I have been pending for Verified Merchant for 3 months. All tags claim to be healthy and validated.

- Rich pins aren't working. There are no prices or metadata on our products. Yet they come back all good when ran through the validator.

- Tagged products say under review indefinitely. 

- Our catalog isn't working either as of 6/22. It used to have no errors and nothing has changed.

- Our conversions on Pinterest previously said that we have 0 sales, we updated the app and it showed two sales within two days. However, Shopify still says there have been 0 sales from Pinterest.

Any help would be very appreciated! Thank you all so much!

1 Kudo
2 Replies
riverbendhome
Just visiting

Question - were things working before you linked up to Shopify ? Were you able to create rich pins, and upload your catalog?  If so, it sounds like a Shopify glitch, and I would try going through their help to see what you can do. ( we have not linked up through Shopify for this reason - found we could do everything within in Pinterest and no need for the Shopify link up ) 

0 Kudos
thehalcyonhive
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

I agree with @riverbendhome , it sounds like a glitch.  I'm sorry, you haven't heard back from Pinterest help on this yet.  

I'm not too familiar with Shopify, but could you try disconnecting Pinterest from Shopify and reconnecting it? Maybe that will "reset" it and fix that glitch?

Also, your Pinterest sales on Shopify will always show less than what Pinterest is showing in the conversion insights.  Since Shopify is reporting the sale based on the source referral they directly came from to make that purchase.  Pinterest records conversions with an attribution window (30/30/30).  So if someone clicked/engaged/viewed a pin, and didn't purchase right then, but came back to your site within 30 days.  Pinterest will still record that conversion as attributed to them.  

0 Kudos