Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

Saved VS Created pins

carlyonpurpose
Just visiting

Hey @PinterestGabby @Anonymous @PinterestBrad @PinterestJanice 

I am hoping you can give some clarification for me on the below screenshot, particularly the sentence "However, saved content can only be found when people go to your boards." 

I understand the difference between saved vs created content (the way that Pinterest is currently using the terminology).

What I don't understand is does this sentence mean:

"Saved content can only be found on your profile when people go to your boards, but saved content is still distributed throughout the platform in the various surfaces (home feed, search, related pins etc)."

Or does it mean, "Saved contented can only be found on your profile when people go to your boards, as saved content is no longer distributed throughout the platform in the various surfaces." 

If it DOES mean that saved content is no longer distributed throughout the feeds, does this change only apply to business accounts (as saves are literally what the platform is built on and and therefore could not apply to personal accounts)?

Thanks! 

Carly

pinterestshot.jpg

2 Kudos
22 Replies
carlyonpurpose
Just visiting

@carachace I would definitely not save from one board to another within pinterest. 

It was questionable when that email was written (which was a few months ago) and it's even more questionable now! 

0 Kudos
carachace
Just visiting

@carlyonpurpose - I don't, I'm talking about TW. You can read the extent of the support answer I received in the other string. It's getting pretty unclear, that's for sure.

2 Kudos
carlyonpurpose
Just visiting

I'm sorry my comment was definitely not clear -  would also suggest not using tailwind, not re-using an identical pin image AT ALL after it's been pinned once. 

0 Kudos
carachace
Just visiting

Thanks @carlyonpurpose! I definitely have my own stats and data for myself and clients about what's working and what isn't. Seems like it's ALL on the table for reassessment right now.

2 Kudos
carlyonpurpose
Just visiting

Absolutely... there is no one who could possibly know right now what's going to be best for long term traffic!! 

0 Kudos
MiWildHomeKitchen

Hey Gabby! I am creating my own pins from my own content on my own webpage and only the first 2 pins I created were put in my Create tab. The rest are being put in the saved tab instead of the created tab, Any ideas on why this is happening? 

Thanks in advance! : )

0 Kudos
acolorfuldayp
Just visiting

Hi! i am experiencing the same.  I read the update from the article about it but I have a bussiness account, my web was claimed many time ago and my last fresh pins with fresh images created in Canva are appearing in the saved tab not in the created tab.

1 Kudo
andicaruso
Just visiting

@PinterestGabby @Anonymous @tailwind 

I am experiencing the same issue with Tailwind. I was using Later previously, and had no issues.

Yesterday and today I scheduled three fresh pins per day (six original pins total that I created), and only one yesterday and one today showed up in my Created tab. I uploaded the images to Tailwind at the same time, and added the descriptions / titles etc. and scheduled them at the same time. So I don't understand why some are showing up in Created, and some aren't.

If you could help, it would be greatly appreciated! 

Andi

0 Kudos
craftsforeveryone01
Just visiting

Im expecting the same issue. Have you figured out how to change it.

0 Kudos
zuribayly

Why do when I create a pin it goes to “other pins” when you go onto create

0 Kudos