Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

Saved VS Created pins

carlyonpurpose
Just visiting

Hey @PinterestGabby @Anonymous @PinterestBrad @PinterestJanice 

I am hoping you can give some clarification for me on the below screenshot, particularly the sentence "However, saved content can only be found when people go to your boards." 

I understand the difference between saved vs created content (the way that Pinterest is currently using the terminology).

What I don't understand is does this sentence mean:

"Saved content can only be found on your profile when people go to your boards, but saved content is still distributed throughout the platform in the various surfaces (home feed, search, related pins etc)."

Or does it mean, "Saved contented can only be found on your profile when people go to your boards, as saved content is no longer distributed throughout the platform in the various surfaces." 

If it DOES mean that saved content is no longer distributed throughout the feeds, does this change only apply to business accounts (as saves are literally what the platform is built on and and therefore could not apply to personal accounts)?

Thanks! 

Carly

pinterestshot.jpg

2 Kudos
22 Replies
PinterestGabby
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @carlyonpurpose, welcome to the PBC and thanks for asking for clarification on this.

Created content is on the ‘Created’ tab on the profile, while your saved content will be located on the ‘Saved’ tab. You and other users can find your saved content on your profile via the ‘Saved’ tab. If you repin your own content, it will show up as a repin in your ‘Saved’ tab, not on the 'Created' tab. 

Please keep in mind that we encourage creators to prioritizing posting original, fresh Pins to see what resonates with your audience. This is true whether you publish content through Pinterest directly or through a third-party scheduling tool. Hope this helps clarify!

2 Kudos
carlyonpurpose
Just visiting

Hey @PinterestGabby ! 

Thanks for your reply 🙂 I understand the things you are saying. 

What I am looking for clarification on is this:

Will content that shows up in the SAVED tab get distributed throughout the feeds or will it be confined exclusively in the saved tab? 

No one (or almost no one) goes to our profiles, so what happens far as other users viewing out profiles is largely irrelevant. 

I am currently not "saving" any pins - only publishing new pins. However, understanding how this new change will affect which content gets into the feeds is still vitally important to me. 

(Also, please note + perhaps escalate the glitch that currently causes third -party pins scheduled via tailwind to show up as created instead of saved.) 

Thanks again!! 

5 Kudos
PinterestGabby
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @carlyonpurpose! It doesn't mean it is exclusively in the saved tab, i.e. it doesn't disappear from feed. That being said, created content is prioritized well above saves on Pinterest. Does that clarify what you were referring to? LMK. 

1 Kudo
Sophie_fluff

Hey I use tailwind to Schedule my posts and all my latest pins that I created in Canva have ended up in saved and not created. My insta photos etc have ended up in created. Literally every single one so far, they are all new fresh pins so I don’t understand. What can I do to rectify it?

1 Kudo
luckypigcreative
Just visiting

When I'm uploading pins, whether from saved photos or web link, I have the option to the file them into my "saved" tab's boards. Why the option to upload to the created tab isn't offer (for future actual created content)?

I recently converted my personal acct to a business account. There are a few pins already in my "created" tab which I didn't create but were pinned/uploaded from who knows when. I am manually moving them into my "saved" tab boards. Is t here a faster way to doing this ... similar to "organize" function.

TIA

0 Kudos
PinterestGabby
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Sophie_fluff, can you file a ticket with our support team so they can look into this? Thank you! 

1 Kudo
tailwind
Loves to help

Hi, Sophie. Have you claimed your website? Sounds like you have saved your Instagram photos, so they are showing up as they should. 

~ Alisa

0 Kudos
milfmommyfrommars

Hey! how would i get a created tab on my profile? 

0 Kudos
carachace
Just visiting

@carlyonpurpose @PinterestGabby @tailwind "If the same pin is relevant to multiple boards within your account you can consider saving from one board to xx."
This is in direct conflict with the answer from support I received say they recommend I only create fresh Pins. Interesting support answer to repinning 

1 Kudo