Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

Reproduction of other's pins

marahman2611
Just visiting

Hey community,

Can anyone let me know about usage of someone else's pin for his own design reproduction. Please guide in detail.

Thanks

Marahman

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
hostesstori
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

Hi Marahman,

I think you might be better off studying concepts from Pins you admire and seeing how you can leverage those ideas to come up with your own designs to test. That way, you are not just copying. 

I share a ton of my Pin designs as a source for inspiring others to test what works for them. 

(Here are 3 of my go-to design tips and also a link to lots of examples of Pins I created.)

View solution in original post

1 Kudo
4 Replies
foodiehomechef
Jack-of-all-trades

@marahman2611   I'm not sure I understand your question exactly. At first glance it appears that you're asking to violate someone's copyright. Please go into more detail & perhaps we can help!

0 Kudos
marahman2611
Just visiting

Dear foodiehomechef,

As a matter of fact, I am very new to pinterest and I did not know enough about the policies and TOS of pinterest. Actually, I think to reproduce the design of other's pins with slight variations for my learning purpose as I am still in training phase. Does this clarifies you.

0 Kudos
foodiehomechef
Jack-of-all-trades

Hi again @marahman2611  Ok... if you're just wanting to use someone else's design as a "guide" for you to create your own designs, I guess that would be acceptable. However I would do my best not to have your own pins look too much like the one you're emulating.

My best advice to you is to use a pin creation tool such as Canva https://www.canva.com/pinterest-pins/templates/ as opposed to using someone else's design. There are other tools out there besides Canva... you could run a Google search for "Pin Creation Tools" and see what comes up.

0 Kudos
hostesstori
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

Hi Marahman,

I think you might be better off studying concepts from Pins you admire and seeing how you can leverage those ideas to come up with your own designs to test. That way, you are not just copying. 

I share a ton of my Pin designs as a source for inspiring others to test what works for them. 

(Here are 3 of my go-to design tips and also a link to lots of examples of Pins I created.)

1 Kudo