Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

Regular Pinterest Stats dropping FAST after using Story Pins

egruening
Just visiting

I recenty was approved to use Story Pins (I'm in Canada) and they are great! I have the views, I have theimpressions,, I have the "hearts" and my followers are growing everyday (much faster then regular pins). BUT ever since I started to use Story Pins my Pinterest Analytics has drastically dropped and it started around the same day as my first story pin. This is not a normal "ebb and flow" drop either, this is plummet directly down never to go back up and i don't know why.

I have been here before with my 2 million monthly views dropping to under a million in a month and that seemed after almost 10 months of dropping stats, to have fixed itself....sort of (I do marketing for a living so i know about how to look to see what is working, what is not etc. and I did all that to very little results). Just as I started to see my 800K monthly views head over the million views mark, story pins happened in my Pinterest marketing plan and BAM! Stats are now going the other way...FAST! Nothing I'm doing is fixing the issue. I'm back to months of trying to figure this out. OR do I just stop using story pins even though I have really great numbers (for my niche content)? 

Anyone else have this issue? Anyone have thoughts on what to do?

I'm back to wondering if Pinterest is worth all the hardwork I do on daily basis with my daily pinning with Tailwind (and all the video creation I'm doing).  Sigh...

3 Kudos
6 Replies
thesupermomlife
Just visiting

I'm having the same issue. I went from 2.2m monthly views to 50k. I have emailed support a number of times over the last 2 months and keep getting generic responses like:

• Don't use hashtags (which I don't)
  • Upload more original content (which I do)
  • Don't repin the same pin more than once (which I very well could be by accident since I've been on this platform for so many years - but there is no way for Pinterest to alert me that I've already pinned it)

After back and forth for 2 months, I asked that support escalate my issue so that someone can actually look and see what's wrong since I'm not the only one. People in FB blogging groups are all saying the same thing. At that point I was sent this message from support:

I’m sorry that I am not able to offer more help. Unfortunately, there’s nothing else I can do on my end.

Your request will be marked as complete.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

I'm so frustrated with Pinterest. Clearly something is wrong and they are ignoring it or they want us to spend money advertising. Either way, I'd love for someone in support to actually look into the problem.

4 Kudos
thetoybuzz
Posts regularly

@egruening @thesupermomlife  

I am so sorry that both of you are going through this.

I think it is just coincidence that it happened when you used story pins.  This has happened to my account twice randomly. It disappeared for  8 months last year and finally came back randomly at the end of last year. I didn't do anything different. Then it happened again this March. Nothing in my strategy changed. I was just following all of the guidelines like everybody else here.

Support is powerless. The only thing support can do is check if your account has been marked spam. If it has not been, there is nothing support can do because they are not engineers. They just read from a script. They close the ticket once they see your account is not marked spam. The issue is never passed to the engineers.

Pinterest says it is a problem with our strategy in this letter to the community: https://community.pinterest.biz/t5/community-basics/a-letter-to-our-creator-community/td-p/8854

• They encourage us to create fresh content.
  • Have a great landing page.
  • Use video and story pins.
  • Remain active.
  • Go through the Pinterest Academy.

The problem is that we are all doing those things and this is still happening to us. This has been discussed a lot everywhere on the Internet from Facebook groups to Twitter to Reddit to this forum but nobody has found a solution with something that actually works. 

3 Kudos
thesupermomlife
Just visiting

You are correct @thetoybuzz

Pinterest used to be the highest traffic source for my blog and because no one in support will help me (or anyone else saying the same things), my blog traffic has plummeted. 

It’s gotten to the point where I either need to pay someone who claims to be a Pinterest expert to help me or give up on Pinterest entirely. 

2 Kudos
ArtsyCraftery
Loves to help

@thesupermomlife  Honestly, that's a sad response when you asked that your concerns be escalated. Learning about your experience makes me feel disappointed in Pinterest, where before I was just frustrated. I have not worked my way up to the # of views that you and @egruening are getting but I think members like you two, who work so hard on the platform everyday, should get personalized and extensive answers to your concerns.

I'm not sure what Pinterest is trying to do by allowing important concerns of members to go unanswered favorably and issues on the platform to go unchanged. As I shared, some changes have made it more difficult for me to use the site like I used to, though it's still a wonderful site for inspiration.

2 Kudos
ArtsyCraftery
Loves to help

@thetoybuzz  Why aren't the issues passed to engineers? Isn't that what we all should do when we care about someone who has asked us for help, pass on important issues to professionals who can better evaluate them and implement solutions? Isn't that more important than spewing out the same canned responses or insisting that people do what they've already been doing?

I don't understand driving members to frustration and abandonment. 🙄

0 Kudos
ArtsyCraftery
Loves to help

@egrueningYes, many members like you are intelligent enough to evaluate their activity on Pinterest and understand that they are doing everything right. When it's all no longer adding up and these members begin to wonder if it's worth it all, Pinterest Ads and other revenue-generating projects will not grow. Other members will not be inspired to expand their usage of the platform and try these things for the first time.

I think it's so very sad how the function of the site has degraded for so many members, including me. There are very few companies who send out to members the much-loved communications that start with You Spoke And We Listened! Here are the changes that you asked for. While we were not able to implement all of your requests, we hope that these will help improve your experience here while we continue to evaluate your other suggestions..., or something like that. You never forget companies that show that kind of appreciation and consideration. If only Pinterest would do the same.

For me, Pinterest will always be the very best place on the Net for motivation and great inspiration. That's why I came here and that's why I'll stay, even though I can no longer use the site in the efficient and convenient way in which I did before. There's no other site like The Big Pin! 📌 😍

1 Kudo