Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

Re: Best practices for Ads

vamicreations1
Posts regularly

@fashionayasha and @RealWoodFloorsWP I too run ads but all of mine have stayed as traffic and provide a lot of traffic to my website. Looking at and getting great at Pinterest SEO will greatly help with ads as well to ensure they are put before people that would best benefit from them or who are looking for your pins. 🙂 

5 Kudos
5 Replies
fashionayasha
Just visiting

Including a rich, expressive description is always helpful I also have discovered. 

1 Kudo
marketing7062
Just visiting

Who here has run ads on other social media and Pinterest? If so, were you able to make a comparison as to which social media seemed or did produce more actual sales? And please give us an idea what was being sold so we have some information about the product and audience.

I get traffic generated through ads here, but not sales. I have sales from word of mouth. Share what you may know and tell us for what products or industry or useful classification. Cheers

1 Kudo
AmericanoCrystals
Problem-solver

Hi,

I run conversion and traffic ads on Pinterest. I also run ads on Instagram, as you can not put product links to Instagram pinterest ads seems more effective to me. It doesn't change product sales much but yet it helps to grow my audience and my etsy shop gets some traffic from Pinterest.

2 Kudos
PinterestGabby
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for sharing, Sophia! What are some best practices and tips and tricks you've seen running conversion and traffic ads on Pinterest? I'm sure folks here would love to hear what's been working for you and your business. 😉

2 Kudos
AmericanoCrystals
Problem-solver

Hello,

I usually advertise my best performed pins, before running any ads I check my in stats. 

I think customizing your ads is very important, you have to define exact keywords for your audience. Pinterest has a great feature that you can pick specific keywords and interests. Use the related keyword suggestions from the Ads Manager, and add keywords from Pinterest’s guided search. You can also target based on gender, location, language, and device.
Hope that helps. 🙂

1 Kudo