Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

"Bug" in system removing Pins from Public Search

SaltySideDish
Just visiting

Back in May, all of my pins in public search dissapeared. After countless back and forth messages, my account was "mistakenly flagged" in the filter and it was put back in, took about 2 weeks to get my content back in search and all was normal. 

Then on June 1, it happened again. I reached out to Pinterest and this is what I am told (see screen shot). 

As a professional content creator, I spent more time on Pinterest than any other platform, perfecting custom images, custom videos, and stories. I am a secure site, do not break TOS, and have high quality content and over 100 recipe videos, the kind Pinterest wants on their site to combat spam. 

But I am going on day 5 with no answer other than "its a bug" - I have emailed back to ask the timeline of whitelisting my URL properly to be told basically they are still working on it. 

After looking into it, I am not the only blogger experiencing complete removal from public search, keywords, and suggested pins - basically wiping out years of work. 

Because it takes so long to get responses back and forth, with very little info from the Pinterest side, it leaves us feeling left in the dark on customer service with no end in site on when our content will be put back in. 

There has got to be a way to not only prevent this from happening, but to verify our accounts so we dont get hit wrongly as a spammer URL. I know when I got hit, I barely do 5-6 new pins a day, all custom done and brand new for Pinterest readers and my readers. 

I know that Pinterest values its relationships with content creators, so can anyone please tell me what is going on? 5 days missing (and counting) in a top social media channel is a huge deal.

@PinterestJanice @PinterestGabby 

6 Kudos
22 Replies
beautybitesorg
Just visiting

My first message didn't go through, but if you haven't figured it out yet: try contacting Pinterest here. Tell them your domain was flagged as low quality by mistake and your pins aren't showing up in search. I did so early today and they responded quickly, hopefully everything goes back to normal soon. @baldbrothersblog 

1 Kudo
MomFoodie
Just visiting

Thanks. Trying this. It is so frustrating.

0 Kudos
SaltySideDish
Just visiting

Letting you know it was reblocked again today. This keeps going on and on. Its the 3rd time this year. 

0 Kudos