cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Bug" in system removing Pins from Public Search

Highlighted
Just visiting

Have any of you been able to get hold of an actual human over at Pinterest support? I keep getting bot replies! @SaltySideDish 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Just visiting

yes, I have gotten real people but they are not the "team" that takes care of these blocks, so it keeps getting pushed up, then Ill inquire on timing and I have been told to be patient..its been 8 days so far that I have been down. I dont have the ability to let it go - because its my main social referrer. I have worked years on the SEO for these pins. 

SaltySideDish.com
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Loves to help

pinterest message copy.jpg

Screen Shot 2020-06-08 at 10.49.52 AM.png

1 Kudo
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @theburntsunsetnovel. I want you to know you are heard and I understand your frustration with Pinterest. We understand you need to do what's best for you, I can assure you we are advocating for you and sharing your reports.

The community software can be sensitive to certain symbols used commonly in HTML and, in order to protect the community from abuse (bad actors will commonly use HTML exploits), it will truncate the message and/or give you an error message asking you to remove HTML. This is normal behavior. Generally, you can take a look at any symbols or phrases that might be the offender and use an alternative. I am also willing to use the text file you were creating your post out of to test in a private environment for possible software bugs. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Just visiting

I wanted to update that they fixed my account!

SaltySideDish.com
6 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Great to hear, @SaltySideDish! Happy our team was able to get that resolved for you. 🤗

Have you personalized your community profile yet?
Submit your Story Pin for a chance to be featured on the Today tab!
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Problem-solver

Great news @SaltySideDish , as I could feel your frustration even though I haven't had this happen to me!

Please follow me on Pinterest: Foodie Home Chef Thanks! Simone ♥
Get ready for the holidays: Halloween Spooktacular & Fall / Thanksgiving & Christmas
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Problem-solver

@PinterestJaniceI get that Red Error message a lot here at PBC and it's for no good reason that I can tell. For instance, when I tag someone with the "@" symbol it happens about 1 in 10 times. When I try to add the URL to my blog it happens almost every time and also if I need to post another URL for someone to visit.

I've gotten to the point now... where I create my post or reply in Windows Notepad & copy/paste it here just in case it gets truncated with this error message.

Please follow me on Pinterest: Foodie Home Chef Thanks! Simone ♥
Get ready for the holidays: Halloween Spooktacular & Fall / Thanksgiving & Christmas
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Just visiting

Do you perhaps have an email address of Pinterest I could use? As the creators one is no longer valid. 

@SaltySideDish 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Just visiting

@SaltySideDish Congrats! Did they fix it after you wrote to Pinterest support?  

0 Kudos