Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Q&A with the Pinterest Shopping team!

Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

2020_ShoppingGTMH2_BuyingisBoring.gif

Hi everyone!

As part of our Inspired Shopping webinar, we’re hosting a live Q&A session with members from our Pinterest product shopping team on November 17th at 12:30pm PST. This is a fantastic opportunity for you to ask our product team any shopping-related questions that are important to you and your business.

Please reply to this thread with your shopping and product question(s) and our team will jump in and answer during the above timeframe.

We can’t wait to see what you come up with!

Have you personalized your community profile yet?
Submit your Story Pin for a chance to be featured on the Today tab!

6 Kudos
30 Replies
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

@realsouthamerica @iscalenutrition @hellodebbieroy @veiledrebel @PartynwPlants @saffronavenue @ideachicretail @leaman0320 @jjfryy @topsystore @karen_whitworth @showercurtainsboutique @Shiemecom @beyondthebank @repel_umbrella this Q&A with our team might be of interest to you! Feel free to leave any qs you may have about shopping. 🙂 🛍

Have you personalized your community profile yet?
Submit your Story Pin for a chance to be featured on the Today tab!

1 Kudo
Highlighted
Just visiting

I am also interested in several of the questions asked above. The following have reduced my ability to use Pinterest as effectively as other platforms, thus my marketing efforts on Pinterest have been reduced and reinvested elsewhere. Would love to come back to Pinterest for that if we could have these issues fixed/addressed:

Verified Merchant approval issues. (Repeated rejection reason was too vague, link to policies and requirements did not reveal anything wrong on our site.) 

Tag health issues in shopify store, detailed and user friendly info on how to fix would be incredibly useful. Even better, have it automated.

Shopify products successfully importing from catalog but not listing prices on the pin. How do we get our product pins to include prices?

Thanks!

-------------------------------
Artist painting flowers and landscapes of Hawaii.
See my Hawaiian art Pinterest Board here.
2 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for these questions, @karen_whitworth !

1 Kudo
Highlighted
Pinployee
Pinployee

Hi @AmericanoCrystals, it is possible that even though your Pinterest Tag has been implemented successfully, the tag is flagged as "not healthy" because it doesn't meet our more stringent shopping implementation recommendations. We can help you through identifying any gaps if you file a ticket to our support team.

We also appreciate your interest in the Verified Merchants Program. In these early days of the program and as we scale, we’re limited in the number of merchants we can add at this time. Unfortunately we aren’t able to provide any additional information, but please keep an eye on the Pinterest Business Site for updates to the program as we continue to evolve it. We are constantly reviewing and sharing the feedback we receive through our support channels and directly from posts like this from customers. The VMP team is partnering with our other internal teams at Pinterest to improve this process for everyone involved and of course to increase our total number of Verified Merchants. We appreciate your feedback!

1 Kudo
Highlighted
Pinployee
Pinployee

@simplepinmedia - for your second question, you won't see Rich Pin info populate with catalog items because we only pull feed-based or Shopify products into the 'Shop tab' with all your Catalogs items. We hope to include Rich Pins as a part of this in the future. 

As for why it may not show up as a part of your regular Pins, it could be an issue with the way we pull in information from your site. We recommend filing a ticket with our customer support so that someone can investigate further.

2 Kudos
Highlighted
Posts regularly

Thank you so much! 

-Tabby

-Simple Pin Media
simplepinmedia.com
1 Kudo
Highlighted

Hi! I have a Pinterest Business account and I was wondering how to set up shoppable pins. I read online that I need to hit "Get Started" and then add a data source, but I have no idea how to do that. And my catalogs page doesn't even have a get started option on it, please help!

1 Kudo
Highlighted
Pinployee
Pinployee

Hi @MauiXLolita - we have specific instructions on this page to help you get started with Catalogs. Details on the 'data source' should be included there!

1 Kudo
Highlighted

I have catalogs set up, the issue is that when I go to tag a product using my product ID it still says '0 products'. Are shoppable pins not available to every account? 

Screen Shot 2020-11-17 at 4.00.32 PM.png

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Pinployee
Pinployee

Hi @MauiXLolita - thanks for your question! This doesn't seem like expected behavior - please file a ticket with our support team and we can investigate this further. Thank you!

1 Kudo