Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Q&A with the Pinterest Shopping team!

Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

2020_ShoppingGTMH2_BuyingisBoring.gif

Hi everyone!

As part of our Inspired Shopping webinar, we’re hosting a live Q&A session with members from our Pinterest product shopping team on November 17th at 12:30pm PST. This is a fantastic opportunity for you to ask our product team any shopping-related questions that are important to you and your business.

Please reply to this thread with your shopping and product question(s) and our team will jump in and answer during the above timeframe.

We can’t wait to see what you come up with!

Have you personalized your community profile yet?
Submit your Story Pin for a chance to be featured on the Today tab!

6 Kudos
30 Replies
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Appreciate you sharing this screenshot with your question, @arthousesf . 🙂

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Pinployee
Pinployee

Hi @arthousesf, thanks for the question. I think our team will need to do a bit more digging into your account to see why this isn't working. If you haven't already, can you file a ticket with our team? Once you have, feel free to drop the ticket # here so we can follow-up. Thank you! 

0 Kudos
Highlighted

I am a Verified Pinterest Merchant.  My Pinterest account is Classic Legacy.    My store is a Shopify store and I've recently set up Pinterest catalogs.    I like them and also noticed that there is a "Custom" option for catalogs.   For example I want to create a catalog for Valentine/Heart gifts and another for Irish gifts....both of which I have in my store.   How do I set up a custom catalog.   I'm attaching a screen shot from my store.     I understand how to set up catalogs by product category such as oyster shell dishes etc....but some of these would also fit into a custom catalog such as Irish gifts.   Please advise.   In Shopify for example the oyster shell dish is listed as one product category and I can't figure out how to get that product which is a Shamrock Oyster Shell dish into both the Oyster Shell Catalog and an Irish gift catalog.   I look forward to your response. Here is the link to my current shop on Pinterest.   https://www.pinterest.com/classiclegacy/_shop/Question about custom option for creating Product groups.jpg

2 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Great question, @classiclegacy !

1 Kudo
Highlighted
Pinployee
Pinployee

Hi @classiclegacy - happy to help! The navigation bar on the left is meant to help you filter your products so that you can create product groups. Category, Product Type, Brands, and Custom are all attributes associated with the product metadata that we get through your feed or through Shopify. Custom refers to the 'custom labels' attribute. You can apply custom labels directly within the feed or within Shopify, and once you populate for that field, you will see the Catalogs UI pull it in and allow you to filter.

2 Kudos
Highlighted
Just visiting

Hi, I would like to find out how I can tag my products in pins with the white dots that contain a direct link such as in the image below? 

Product Tag.png

1 Kudo
Highlighted
Pinployee
Pinployee

Hi @morenaturally - thanks for your question! We're currently testing our new tagging feature with select merchants who have the Pinterest Tag placed on their website and have Catalogs set up. You can request early access through this form

You should also be able to tag products without dots in the existing Pin builder flow. Thanks!

2 Kudos
Highlighted
Posts regularly

I am leaving two questions on behalf of one of our clients: 

I have green checkmarks by my catalog and tags but I have been rejected 3 times for the VMP. The reason given the last two times was- "Account does not meet the brand reputation criteria for verification". I feel that I meet all of their merchant guidelines so am not sure what else to do. Only thing I could think of to change from last time is on my profile to just have my business name instead of any additional info under display name. Most, although not all approved VMPs seem to go that route. Is there any other information you can provide? 

My rich pin info does not seem to be displaying either on my catalog items or just regular pins even though when checking the rich pin validator it says they are validating and displaying on Pinterest. Is that due to not being approved for VMP or is there something else I need to check? Thanks so much!! I will look forward to hearing back on those.

-Tabby

-Simple Pin Media
simplepinmedia.com
2 Kudos
Highlighted
Problem-solver

@PinterestGabby Hi Gabby, thank you for this post.

@simplepinmediaand thank you for the first question, I have similar one.

I also installed my tags, everytime I see it says pinterest tag is not healthy short after I successfully install it. I also rejected by VMP, and the answer I get for it wasin't satisfying at all.

Team told me they just can't accept us as Verified Merchant for no reason which is confusing. I don't know where I did wrong or how can I fix it.

2 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks everyone for these great questions!! Can't wait for tomorrow. 💕

Have you personalized your community profile yet?
Submit your Story Pin for a chance to be featured on the Today tab!

1 Kudo