Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

Q&A with the Pinterest Shopping team!

PinterestGabby
Community Manager
Community Manager

2020_ShoppingGTMH2_BuyingisBoring.gif

Hi everyone!

As part of our Inspired Shopping webinar, we’re hosting a live Q&A session with members from our Pinterest product shopping team on November 17th at 12:30pm PST. This is a fantastic opportunity for you to ask our product team any shopping-related questions that are important to you and your business.

Please reply to this thread with your shopping and product question(s) and our team will jump in and answer during the above timeframe.

We can’t wait to see what you come up with!

6 Kudos
27 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @MauiXLolita - we have specific instructions on this page to help you get started with Catalogs. Details on the 'data source' should be included there!

1 Kudo
PinterestMaansi
Pinterest Alum
Pinterest Alum

@simplepinmedia - for your second question, you won't see Rich Pin info populate with catalog items because we only pull feed-based or Shopify products into the 'Shop tab' with all your Catalogs items. We hope to include Rich Pins as a part of this in the future. 

As for why it may not show up as a part of your regular Pins, it could be an issue with the way we pull in information from your site. We recommend filing a ticket with our customer support so that someone can investigate further.

2 Kudos
MauiXLolita
Just visiting

I have catalogs set up, the issue is that when I go to tag a product using my product ID it still says '0 products'. Are shoppable pins not available to every account? 

Screen Shot 2020-11-17 at 4.00.32 PM.png

0 Kudos
PinterestMaansi
Pinterest Alum
Pinterest Alum

Hi @AmericanoCrystals, it is possible that even though your Pinterest Tag has been implemented successfully, the tag is flagged as "not healthy" because it doesn't meet our more stringent shopping implementation recommendations. We can help you through identifying any gaps if you file a ticket to our support team.

We also appreciate your interest in the Verified Merchants Program. In these early days of the program and as we scale, we’re limited in the number of merchants we can add at this time. Unfortunately we aren’t able to provide any additional information, but please keep an eye on the Pinterest Business Site for updates to the program as we continue to evolve it. We are constantly reviewing and sharing the feedback we receive through our support channels and directly from posts like this from customers. The VMP team is partnering with our other internal teams at Pinterest to improve this process for everyone involved and of course to increase our total number of Verified Merchants. We appreciate your feedback!

1 Kudo
PinterestYayori
Pinployee
Pinployee

Hi @MauiXLolita - thanks for your question! This doesn't seem like expected behavior - please file a ticket with our support team and we can investigate this further. Thank you!

1 Kudo
PinterestMaansi
Pinterest Alum
Pinterest Alum

Hi @arthousesf, thanks for the question. I think our team will need to do a bit more digging into your account to see why this isn't working. If you haven't already, can you file a ticket with our team? Once you have, feel free to drop the ticket # here so we can follow-up. Thank you! 

0 Kudos
simplepinmedia
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

Thank you so much! 

-Tabby

1 Kudo
PinterestGabby
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you all for the questions and for the time today! We'll be closing this thread now, but if you would like for us to follow-up on anything or if you have feedback or additional questions, please reach out to me via PM and I can help! You can always start a new topic in Business chat, too. 🙂 Appreciate you all. 

1 Kudo