Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

Q&A with the Pinterest Shopping team!

PinterestGabby
Community Manager
Community Manager

2020_ShoppingGTMH2_BuyingisBoring.gif

Hi everyone!

As part of our Inspired Shopping webinar, we’re hosting a live Q&A session with members from our Pinterest product shopping team on November 17th at 12:30pm PST. This is a fantastic opportunity for you to ask our product team any shopping-related questions that are important to you and your business.

Please reply to this thread with your shopping and product question(s) and our team will jump in and answer during the above timeframe.

We can’t wait to see what you come up with!

6 Kudos
27 Replies
karen_whitworth
Posts regularly

I am also interested in several of the questions asked above. The following have reduced my ability to use Pinterest as effectively as other platforms, thus my marketing efforts on Pinterest have been reduced and reinvested elsewhere. Would love to come back to Pinterest for that if we could have these issues fixed/addressed:

Verified Merchant approval issues. (Repeated rejection reason was too vague, link to policies and requirements did not reveal anything wrong on our site.) 

Tag health issues in shopify store, detailed and user friendly info on how to fix would be incredibly useful. Even better, have it automated.

Shopify products successfully importing from catalog but not listing prices on the pin. How do we get our product pins to include prices?

Thanks!

2 Kudos
sgm8381

Hi Gabby
So, where exactly do we log in "turn up", please? Thank you! 🙂 @PinterestGabby 

1 Kudo
PinterestGabby
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @sgm8381! The Pinterest team will be answering the questions directly in this thread. 🙂 

0 Kudos
PinterestJanice
Pinterest Alum
Pinterest Alum

Thanks for these questions, @karen_whitworth !

1 Kudo
PinterestJanice
Pinterest Alum
Pinterest Alum

Appreciate you sharing this screenshot with your question, @arthousesf . 🙂

0 Kudos
PinterestGabby
Community Manager
Community Manager

@sgm8381 any questions you have specifically about shopping? 

0 Kudos
PinterestGabby
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi everyone! Just wanted to jump in and quickly introduce myself and the rest of the crew who will be answering questions. Some of you might already know me, but I'm Gabby, one of the community managers here at the PBC. Nice to meet you/see some familiar faces in this thread! 👋

Meet @PinterestDaniel! One of the product marketing managers here at Pinterest specializing in ad formats. 

Introducing @PinterestYayori! Another one of our product marketing managers who works on our organic shopping team at Pinterest. 

Last but not least, say hi to @PinterestMaansi! Maansi is a product marketing manager on our paid shopping team.

**Quick note up for any new questions coming in or those that have already been shared below. Anything that requires technical troubleshooting will need to be routed through our customer support team for assistance. For that, you'll need to file a ticket HERE! **

Chat soon!!

3 Kudos
MauiXLolita
Just visiting

Hi! I have a Pinterest Business account and I was wondering how to set up shoppable pins. I read online that I need to hit "Get Started" and then add a data source, but I have no idea how to do that. And my catalogs page doesn't even have a get started option on it, please help!

1 Kudo
PinterestMaansi
Pinterest Alum
Pinterest Alum

Hi @cozynursery - thank you for the question. We are constantly experimenting with pricing on Pins to ensure that we provide the best experience for Pinners. It's not something that merchants can control directly, but you may notice that pricing shows up within certain shopping experiences and doesn't on others. It just depends on whether we think Pinners will find it useful in that moment. Hope that helps!

1 Kudo
PinterestYayori
Pinployee
Pinployee

Hi @morenaturally - thanks for your question! We're currently testing our new tagging feature with select merchants who have the Pinterest Tag placed on their website and have Catalogs set up. You can request early access through this form

You should also be able to tag products without dots in the existing Pin builder flow. Thanks!

2 Kudos