Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

Promoted Videos on Pinterest

AmericanoCrystals
Problem-solver

Hello!

Have you tried video ads on Pinterest? If you had, you may have noticed that video ads don’t seem to generate a lot of traffic to your website. 

So my question is how do you use video pins as Pinterest ads to get actual traffic and conversions and not just views on your video? 

-Sophia-

1 Kudo
9 Replies
therealsouthamerica
Jack-of-all-trades

@AmericanoCrystals Hi there I didn't know that they had Video Ads or maybe I just didn't realize that they were available .... I have used Videos in my Story Pins that seems to work although I can't do ads on Story Pins I have already asked @PinterestGabby - I just do regular ads that coincide with my blog posts and video posts to Youtube. Can you tell me more about the video ads? I love doing the ads on Pinterest it really does wonders for my traffic. Lisa

1 Kudo
PinterestGabby
Community Manager
Community Manager
2 Kudos
AmericanoCrystals
Problem-solver

@PinterestGabby thank you, you are awesome!

0 Kudos
AmericanoCrystals
Problem-solver

@therealsouthamerica Hi Lisa, I've been promoting some videos on Pinterest  for a while, yes, my videos getting a lot of views but I also want to turn these views into conversions. Maybe I should make some changes on my videos, or I should target different auidience. I will search for it and post a detailed information on here!

1 Kudo
PinterestGabby
Community Manager
Community Manager

No, YOU are awesome @AmericanoCrystals💕

1 Kudo
theburntsunsetnovel
Loves to help

I think of videos as doorways to other content. My most popular video is this:

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/686587905676918294/ 

It's an homage to a product (Annabeth from Percy Jackson) that isn't even mine. I created it for the suggestions underneath the video and at the end of watching the video. Underneath the Annabeth video is all these other videos for my product The Burnt Sunset mixed in with my other Percy Jackson videos. The Annabeth video has 137,000 views, 30,000 watch minutes (and it's only a 5 second video), 24,000 close ups, 3300 saves, 377 reactions and 60 link clinks. So not a lot of clicks but a lot of people seeing my brand The Burnt Sunset right next to one of the best brands in my genre, Percy Jackson. I call it excellence by association.

2 Kudos
therealsouthamerica
Jack-of-all-trades

@AmericanoCrystals @PinterestGabby @theburntsunsetnovel Hi there that would be so great I would really appreciate it - I have read sooooooo much about conversion ... I have been converted I find tough. Looking forward to your post and if I come across something relevant I will definitely post it as well. Lisa😁

1 Kudo
AmericanoCrystals
Problem-solver

@theburntsunsetnovel  Hey! thank you!

2 Kudos
PinterestGabby
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hmm, sounds like maybe it'd be helpful to have some topics here about conversion, perhaps?

0 Kudos