Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

Products with variants of product pin cannot get the price

ifaunofcl
Just visiting

Products without variants of product pin can get prices normally, and products with variants cannot get prices. Does anyone know the reason for this?

ifaunofcl_0-1617335339131.png

0 Kudos
6 Replies
ifaunofcl
Just visiting

Can someone help me?

0 Kudos
wa6811809
Just visiting

i have the same problem in it dont know what to do?

0 Kudos
PinterestGabby
Community Manager
Community Manager

@ifaunofcl @wa6811809 hi both! 

If one product has variants (i.e. multiple versions of the same product, only difference is a setup/design of the product), then our crawler may have a difficult time determining what price to display for the variants. In Product Rich Pins for example, the devsite only supports a price property, not a price variant (e.g. $2-$5). To better control the display for product pin information on Pinterest (if you're using Rich Pins) it's better to upload your products via Catalogs.

Hope this helps and please LMK if you have any follow-up questions. 🙂
1 Kudo
ifaunofcl
Just visiting

@PinterestGabby Hi Gabby, thank you for your reply!

I'm not referring to price variants. For example, if the T-shirt on my website has two colors with the same price, the product pin cannot get the price. But the prices of the same variant products on other websites can be supported.

In addition, I am a verified merchant, and there are catalogs uploaded through shopify app. I checked the catalogs and there are no errors.

0 Kudos
ifaunofcl
Just visiting

@PinterestGabby hi,

You are right, I have got it now. Catalogs needs to upload stably for a flew days.

Thanks!

1 Kudo
PinterestGabby
Community Manager
Community Manager

Yayy great to hear, @ifaunofcl! Please reach out if you need anything else. 🙂 

0 Kudos