Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

Product category warning while using new Pinterest App for Shopify

intentionallyyou
Just visiting

I just installed the Pinterest App for Shopify but the warnings on my product page, "Warning - Product Category is missing". There are no selections within the app to modify the data for the feed. All my products are in collections on my store but the app is not selecting any of them.

How do I add a product category in the app?

Thanks

0 Kudos
7 Replies
PinterestGabby
Community Manager
Community Manager

👋 @intentionallyyou, welcome to the community! Unfortunately at this time, our integration with Shopify doesn't support Google Product Category. I've made a note of your post to share with our internal teams for review, but please let me know if you have any questions/concerns in the meantime. Hope to see you around!

0 Kudos
karen_whitworth
Posts regularly

Hi @PinterestGabby 
I have just encountered this with my shopify site as well. 
It is preventing me from tagging products from my Pinterest catalog as the product id's are no longer able to be tagged even though they are still showing up in my Pinterest product catalog.

When I attempt to tag a product in an pin, and paste the Product ID into the field, it says:

"Hmm, there’s no Pin for that. Correct any item ID formatting errors and try again."

Screenshot (263).png

When I check the tag health for that product on my site using the Pinterest Tag Helper, it says: 

"PageVisit event was sent successfully with warnings.
Warning - Product Category is missing"
0 Kudos
soloworkstudio

I encountered the exact same problem as above. I'm using the Shopify for Pinterest app and when I check the tag helper is says "Product Category is missing". How do I add a product category, there is no place in the shopify listing for that data, unless it's called something else???

0 Kudos
hirelaptopsnow

Hi,

Is there anyone who is using laptop or any technology device on rent. Can anyone recommend the cheap and trusted website for rent laptops.

I was starting new discussion but the select board error occurred and there wasn't any board to select can you please help me for the above problem.

0 Kudos
intentionallyyou
Just visiting

Hi @soloworkstudio There are no options to be configured in the app, we are just dependent on the data that Pinterest wants to pull from our website. We have no control over what data or how the data will be displayed or anything.

2 Kudos
DavinaSkin

I'm having same issue. So is the alternative to just not use the shopify app? Or is it neccessary to use the shopify app if running pinterest ads? 

0 Kudos
intentionallyyou
Just visiting

HI @DavinaSkin, I don't think that it is required that you use the Pinterest app for running ads, Pinterest has supplied the Shopify store owners an easy way to get our catalog connected to our Pinterest Accounts. The app is still very new and hopefully, they will incorporate more features soon so that we can have more control over our product data within Pinterest. 

That being said, there are other feed apps in the Shopify App Store that can do the job and give you more control over your product data. Most of them will allow you to connect to more than one platform such as Facebook, Google Merchant Center, Amazon, in addition to Pinterest.

This is not a perfect solution but it is the one we have at the moment. I hope this helps you.

0 Kudos