Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

price value for main "parent" product containing variations with different prices

swansislandco

Just getting started here with getting product pins published. I've got our product catalog approved and am trying to figure out how to handle a product with multiple variations (different sizes and colors). Here's the product:  https://swansislandcompany.com/product/winter-blanket-solid/

What do I put in the "price" field for the main parent product that includes the variations? Is it acceptable to put a price range in there (1375–1575 USD) or will Pinterest balk at that? 

I'm thinking that there would be one pin for this variable product where a customer could view the pin, click the link, and be taken to the main product page where they would select size and color.

Would I also add each individual variation on separate lines of the catalog datasource? Or is just having the parent product sufficient? Not clear from reading the Pinterest documentation, which is pretty vague on this point.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
PinterestSusana

Hi @swansislandco!

Right now, Pinterest does not recognize the variations of a product on one single Pin. You'd need to create a separate entry on your data source for each one of the variations of your product.

You can also create one entry with the main product so the user clicks the link and selects their favorite variation directly on your website. You can check this article from our Help Center that'll help you prepare your data source.

Let me know if you need anything else!

0 Kudos