Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

Podcast Guest About Pinterest

ideachicretail
Loves to help

Hello Pinterest Community!

I have a podcast called Your Brand Radio (relaunched after originally running 2008-2011). I would love to have a Pinterest discussion and hope some of you want to contribute including a representative from Pinterest @PinterestGabby 

Our boards are not the best example of best practices but we regularly convert sales, which obviously matters for small product brands. Every time I mention something on LinkedIn I get comments from people saying they want to learn more or have thought about starting/restarting on Pinterest. 

I wonder if we can help with why Pinterest lives longer compared to social media. About SEO, etc. Anyone interested in joining me? Is this a good idea? 

Thanks!

David 

2 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ideachicretail
Loves to help

Hello all, thanks for your interest in listening. The response here does not look like I will be able to produce a show highlighting people in this forum which I was hoping. I'll still do the show with other pinterest contacts (brand owners and Pinterest employees) about the power for brands. I'll post here when this show happens or follow Your Brand Radio where you get podcast. Thanks!

View solution in original post

2 Kudos
22 Replies
PinterestJanice
Pinterest Alum
Pinterest Alum

Hi David! Thanks for sharing, can't wait to hear your podcast. There are some real pro's on the PBC that might be interesting to have on your podcast. Tagging in a few. 🙂 @therealsouthamerica @angellawery @myburntorange @tailwind 

3 Kudos
PinterestGabby
Community Manager
Community Manager

@ideachicretail great to see you again, David!! Hope you've been well. I love this idea. +1 to the folks Janice mentioned, and I'll tag a few more! Adding in @lifestyleofafoodie@AmericanoCrystals, @kellylieberman and @pegfitzpatrick🙂 

2 Kudos
AmericanoCrystals
Problem-solver

@ideachicretail Hi David,

Thank you for sharing, this sounds very exciting! I would love to join in!

2 Kudos
therealsouthamerica
Jack-of-all-trades

@ideachicretail looking forward to hearing your podcast - I think your idea is great and will really help people. Pinterest has survived longer and does better because it is 'kind' and not coopted based on my own experience those who work at Pinterest genuinely care and there is a certain amount of calm on Pinterest that you do not find on other social media. I believe based on my knowledge that Pinterest will outlast many other social media just on its ethics alone. I have been using social media I think before social media? Can you do that? Remember when Twitter was just a "real time chat"? or when hotmail was all the rage because there wasn't other email clients? Or when Flickr was just a place to post your vacation photos? Do you remember when Apple brought out the iTunes Store and songs were 99? You get my point. Given all that and then enter the scene Pinterest and here we are........On the point of SEO it doesn't get easier than with Pinterest because YOU create your own SEO so you either make it or break it. Some thoughts .... Please keep us posted on the podcast availability. Lisa😁

1 Kudo
tailwind
Loves to help

Alisa from Tailwind here. I'd be thrilled to join you! Also happy to recommend @jeffsieh and Kate Ahl of Simple Pin Media and Jennifer Priest of Smart Creative Social. They've all been on my show several times. You will not be disappointed! 

2 Kudos
ideachicretail
Loves to help

Thank you @PinterestJanice and @PinterestGabby ! cc @AmericanoCrystals @therealsouthamerica @tailwind + any other participants.

I think the best way to proceed is the following two options. I will organize a show or shows based on the content. 

Best practices and tips along with your quick intro such as name and Pinterest handle or business can leave a recorded message here

If you want to be a guest you can email me directly and I will reply with your show link to record a conversation with me. I will provide a few pre-show notes and we will work with you on a segment that is great for listeners and you. david@ideachic.net 

Thanks!

David

1 Kudo
AmericanoCrystals
Problem-solver

@ideachicretail Sounds very excited! I will be looking forward to hear it! 🙂

0 Kudos
therealsouthamerica
Jack-of-all-trades

@ideachicretail Hi there I have forwarded you an email and I have given you a follow - Lisa😁

0 Kudos
PinterestGabby
Community Manager
Community Manager

Loving all of this!! 💕@simplepinmedia fyi! 

1 Kudo