cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pinterest won't approve me as a merchant because "Merchant is an affiliate or resale marketplace"

Fetheray
Just visiting

Hi there, I would really appreciate some help with this and wondering if anyone is able to advise me...

I recently linked our shopify store to pinterest, but got this response....
We sell antique and vintage jewellery.
https://www.fetheray.com

I wouldn't have thought that this classed us as a "resale marketplace" nor an "affiliate" but I have no idea what changes to make to enable us to be approved.

Thanks so much!

@Fetheray 

4 Kudos
7 Replies
yournnonce
Just visiting

I got this response too. I was told by an ad rep after they followed up with the vmp team that 

"They said that because your overall business is around second-hand products, you don't qualify for the verified merchant program. "

This logic doesn't follow because Thredup is a Secondhand, consignment resale marketplace and they are a verified merchant. 

Something about being in secondhand goods and small business isn't okay with Pinterest.

2 Kudos
musz
Just visiting

I have exact same issue as a seller of vintage house decor items. I have a shop on etsy for 7 years now and also a shopify store. 

1 Kudo

I too am getting this "resale marketplace / affiliate" response and rejection at Second Life EV Batteries Ltd  because we repurpose EV car batteries into other applications such as static storage. The energy sector is huge and growing at pace. It would be good be also be on Pinterest Business.

How can Pinterest Business not qualify any of these second hand business mentioned above to the "verified merchant program". We are all doing more by enabling people to buy used. Much better for environment too to reuse. 

I will try to engage Pinterest Business to take another look at this policy as it seems wrong. If someone FROM "Pinterest Business" it would be great if we could discuss this policy restriction.

paul
https://www.secondlife-evbatteries.com/

@PinSupport 

2 Kudos
cheltenhamrarebooks

I'd love to be able to help, but we have the same issue - we sell rare books and first editions. I wanted to use Pinterest because I thought they were a more ethical company than facebook / insta. But in a world that's reaching breaking point, with over production and throw away cultures they only seem to want to support businesses that continue to manufacture rather than reuse.

0 Kudos
PinterestDebora

Hi @cheltenhamrarebooks welcome to PBC! Please file a ticket with our Verified Merchant team. This link will take you directly to the contact form that goes to the VMP team who can help troubleshoot and dive deeper into any questions you have. Hope this helps, and let us know if there's anything else we can help with in the meantime. 👍

Did my response answer your question? Be sure to select "Accept as Solution" to help other community members on the PBC.

0 Kudos
thisbluebird
Just visiting

... ... ... ... ...

0 Kudos
HudsonFineBooks

I too ran into this same scenario - and I can say that the link / page provided by PinterestDebora isn't going to change it until Pinterest wakes up and figures out how to serve/manage the vintage seller community.

My guess is they don't have a process in place to vet "vintage" sellers - ie, they don't want Pinterest to be a "flea market" where anyone with a pile of used clothing can throw up a ratty '80s rock and roll concert T for sale...

Shame, truly.

0 Kudos