Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

Pinterest Tag Health and Shopify

karen_whitworth
Posts regularly

Hi there, I am trying to apply to become a Verified Merchant but it appears my Tag Health is preventing it. Everything on the Shopify side says the tag is properly installed. I have tried unpairing my Pinterest account from within the Shopify store. But when I reconnect it, the tag issues displayed on Pinterest are the same. Any ideas?

Thanks for your help!

Screenshot (198).png

1 Kudo
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
PinterestSusana

Hi @gurutshirt!

Looking at your website and the picture you've sent, it seems like your Checkout event is called "InitiateCheckout". Pinterest does not recognize this as a Checkout.

Here's an article from our Help Center about event codes where you'll find the correct checkout code that you need to implement.

Let me know if you need anything else!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
15 Replies
AmericanoCrystals
Problem-solver

Hey Karen!

I also had the same problem which is ongoing, my Pinterest tag is still unhealthy. I might have done something  wrong while uploading the base code. İ will check it again and send an email to Pinterest team about it. You can also start a ticket on help center of Pinterest.

1 Kudo
PinterestGabby
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @karen_whitworth, welcome to the community! It can take about 7 business days to update once the feed/tag are initially setup [both with Shopify or manually]. If you're still having issues, please file a ticket with our Verified Merchant team. This link will take you directly to the contact form that goes to the VMP team who can help troubleshoot and dive deeper into any questions you have. Hope this helps, and let us know if there's anything else we can help with in the meantime. 👍

2 Kudos
karen_whitworth
Posts regularly

Hi @PinterestGabby 
Thanks! I will file a ticket. It has been longer than 7 days.

@AmericanoCrystals 
Hi! Bummer! Sorry you're having issues too. I used the Pinterest Shopify app to link my accounts. So I didn't add any code to my site manually. I wonder if it has something to do with the app? I know it's newish. Perhaps it's a bug. Hope we can get it fixed soon! It's really putting a cramp in my Pinterest marketing efforts.

2 Kudos
karen_whitworth
Posts regularly

Hi @AmericanoCrystals  Sorry you are having problems with this too!

1 Kudo
karen_whitworth
Posts regularly

Hi @PinterestGabby Thanks! It has been over 7 days. I sent a message using the link you provided. Thank you!

1 Kudo
PinterestGabby
Community Manager
Community Manager

Keep us posted, @karen_whitworth@AmericanoCrystals -- feel free to send a ticket here so it goes to the right team to review. 

2 Kudos
karen_whitworth
Posts regularly

Update! I sent a ticket like @PinterestGabby suggested. The team discovered my problem was tied to a larger issue impacting multiple stores. The bug has now been fixed.
Now that my tag health is back in the green I resubmitted for the Verified Merchant Program. My application was rejected again but did not state why. I have reviewed the program and merchant guidelines several times but cannot find the missing piece. I asked for more info but it was not available. Could someone take a peek? I wonder if I am missing something really glaring.

0 Kudos
karen_whitworth
Posts regularly

(random forum bug note: just tried to include an emoji in the above comment using the "insert emoji" button in the comment toolbar. The comment was flagged for containing unsupported HTML. )

0 Kudos
PinterestGabby
Community Manager
Community Manager

Just responded to your PM, @karen_whitworth

0 Kudos