cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pinterest Setup Training

bloomandgrowmedia
Just visiting

To get the follow button, you need to apply Rich Pins. This a simple set up if you have a Yoast SEO plugin on a WP site, other sites may need a bit of code. Then enter a URL into the rich pin validator (not your home page url) The Shop button/tab appears once you add in your catalogs. Pinterest can help you set that up, I would contact them through a help ticket first. As far as the VMP, I can't give any advice as my clients have tried over and over and still no approval.

2 Kudos
hayatascapes
Posts regularly

@bloomandgrowmedia Thanks for the tips. I successfully verified Rich Pins. Will my catalog items get the Follow button or do I need to create a new pin?

I have my catalog uploaded, but don't see the Shop button when I view a product. Is there a special way to view the pin to see the button?

1 Kudo
hayatascapes
Posts regularly

@bloomandgrowmedia I found the answer to my first follow up question on help. I just have to wait a bit and hopefully I will be approved.

Once you apply, we’ll process your application within 24 hours.

When your site is approved, all content from webpages that have the correct meta tags will appear as Rich Pins when you create a new Pin. Existing Pins that link back to pages with rich meta tags will now appear as Rich Pins.

2 Kudos
bloomandgrowmedia
Just visiting

That's great, I was digging around a bit last night and you have the follow button on your pins. The blue shop button happens when you are approved merchant, from what I can see. It is only on accounts with the blue checkmark. Good luck with the approval process. I will have to learn a bit more about it, I have clients that ask and I would love to help them out.

Thanks a bunch!!

0 Kudos
hayatascapes
Posts regularly

@bloomandgrowmedia Thanks for checking.  I see Follow now, although I have to login in as a separate account.

Regarding Shop On button, the ones from Chairish have the button, but doesn't have the blue checkmark.

Thanks for helping.  I will keep digging.

0 Kudos
PinterestGabby
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for the feedback on PinAcademy, @hayatascapes. I'll pass that along to our team for review. There is a section in PinAcademy specificallyl in the 'Cheatsheet' section that goes over the different types of Pin objectives and Rich Pins is mentioned. You can find that here. I'd also recommend checking out this developer article, and this page from our Business site. Hope that helps. 🙂 

Did my response answer your question? Be sure to select "Accept as Solution" to help other community members on the PBC.

0 Kudos