Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

Pinterest Impressions & traffic has tanked

sukhi_rugs
Just visiting

Hi Everyone,

I am the Pinterest manager for Sukhi rugs, I do my level best to stay up to date with any new algorithm updates and to continuously educate myself on best practices & then to follow them. The account was growing steadily & reaching new heights then 1 June 2020 rolled around and since then my impressions, engagement & saves have dropped significantly. I am talking from thousands to single digits. 

Does anyone know what could of caused this & how I can go about rectifying it? I have emailed support, no response as yet. 

I publish from Tailwind & I only use keywords that are relevant to the pin, I use fresh images & fresh descriptions and I save the same pin to the most relevant board first and then secondary boards (no more than 5 and they are scheduled to go out 3 - 7 days apart). 

If anyone can offer insight into what happened to them and how they fixed it, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks 🙂 

3 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
theburntsunsetnovel
Loves to help

You might want to just double check that your website is claimed. My website got mysteriously unverified around June 1st, and I lost all impressions before that date. 99% of my pins are original with keywords that match the images. I don't even repin my pins. You can also do a visual search of your most popular pins and see if the were spammed. If someone is stealing your pins it will definitely mess with your impressions. 

View solution in original post

1 Kudo
5 Replies
healthyambitionsteam
Loves to help

I wish I had an answer for you, but my traffic tanked this month too, starting about June 10th. Same thing though, from thousands to single digits virtually overnight.

The only pin that has performed well in the past couple of weeks is a story pin I created. But that doesn't link back to my site, so the fact that it's doing well doesn't mean much for my website.

2 Kudos
sukhi_rugs
Just visiting

Thank you @healthyambitionsteam - appreciate your insight! 

Will keep prioritizing original content & keep creating keyword rich content. Hope things pick up for you soon too 💛

0 Kudos
TheProductiveYou
Just visiting

Email pinterest support. It's likely that your domain was "mistakingly flagged as low quality" as some biproduct of this ridiculous update. They should be able to fix it. But, I must warn you, that may not fix it because I'm still having issues as well a month later when they supposedly fixed mine

1 Kudo
theburntsunsetnovel
Loves to help

You might want to just double check that your website is claimed. My website got mysteriously unverified around June 1st, and I lost all impressions before that date. 99% of my pins are original with keywords that match the images. I don't even repin my pins. You can also do a visual search of your most popular pins and see if the were spammed. If someone is stealing your pins it will definitely mess with your impressions. 

1 Kudo
mitrasabena

@mitrasabena  like it very much

0 Kudos