Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

Pinterest eliminating impressions from my account.

theburntsunsetnovel
Loves to help

My pins lose impressions overnight. I first reported this problem in May. I was told to wait 8 weeks. After waiting 12,  I was told to wait 8 more weeks - which will put the fix in November. Both times my ticket was closed. So I have no way of tracking the issue.

@PinterestGabby @PinterestJanice @Anonymous @PinterestBrad 

I've attached a photo illustrating my point. This has happened to me multiple times per week. 

pinterest impression drop.jpg

0 Kudos
3 Replies
theburntsunsetnovel
Loves to help

The same thing happened again to another post last night @PinterestGabby @Anonymous @PinterestBrad @PinterestJanice 

pinterest impression drop 2.jpg

0 Kudos
jeswes
Posts regularly

I noticed this for my newest pins on the 2nd day, and by the 3rd day, the number goes back up. 

0 Kudos
theburntsunsetnovel
Loves to help

@jeswes That seems to be the case for some pins, but only about half of the ones I am tracking have done so. Here's an example of a story pin that lost 11K and has only recovered 400 impressions since then. Look at it today here:   https://www.pinterest.com/pin/686587905685240561/  Below you can see two snapshots in time of that pin. I am also convinced that a pin loses its reach permanently when it loses its impressions. Even if the impressions come back, that pin has lost all popularity, meaning that Pinterest no longer promotes it as fresh, new, and interesting content. Pinterest has admitted that it is a problem. They just don't seem to have a solution.

D9283492-148A-43BD-A3A9-BADEA09007F0.png

0079BA22-770E-41EF-BF05-99505915C115_1_201_a.jpeg

0 Kudos