Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

Pinterest Ecommerce Resources

BrightLifeCurator
Just visiting

Hello, I am searching for resources related to using Pinterest for ecommerce.  I am hoping to grow my Pinterest account in order to generate free traffic to my Shopify store.   I am having trouble finding information on this.  Almost everything I find with a Google search, Reddit (and other forums) and YouTube is focused on using Pinterest for affiliate marketing traffic.  I am looking for information specific to ecommerce.  I would especially like to find a forum where I can interact with other people who are trying to use Pinterest for ecommerce store traffic.  The official Pinterest forums and the r/Pinterest reddit are not very active.

Can someone recommend websites or forums where I can get more information about using Pinterest for ecommerce and interact with others trying to do the same?  

Thank you!

0 Kudos
3 Replies
infoinflori
Just visiting

From my experience, there is good news and bad news. The bad news is i could not find pretty much anything on this either. The good news is, well that i could not find a lot of information on this. 

People in e-commerce and the marketing world are lazy, it's a fact. They do not want to try new things, work hard, and put in hours to see what works. Also just checked your website. I looked up your name and clicked your site. The main homepage is not finished and does not have any products connected. You should for sure change that, since all your traffic is going there. 

In regards to only finding affiliate tips and tricks. It's all the same. It's giving out value and content in return for clicks, pins, and purchases. You can use the same software and the same tips and tricks. 

I was all over the place but I hope you got something out of this 🙂

0 Kudos
hostesstori
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

Hi @BrightLifeCurator. Do you have specific questions? I have a lot of experience as one of the first e-comm brands to really leverage Pinterest to drive traffic and revenue to our website (thegrommet.com). Our products were across 20 verticals including tech, beauty, gifting, fitness, etc. Happy to try and help if you're having specific questions.

1 Kudo
PinterestGabby
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for always being so willing to jump in and help, @hostesstori! Hope you're well, btw. 🙂 @BrightLifeCurator, thanks for asking this great question in the PBC and for sharing feedback about the community. And thanks for chiming in too, @infoinflori. This is a perfect opportunity for me to understand how I can make the community a more resourceful area for businesses like yourself. There are lots of members who are networking across the PBC and connecting based on their business goals and how they're using Pinterest, usually that's in the Business or Creator chat in the Lounge area. 🙂 

I'd love to hear from you [and anyone else, really!] what resources would be helpful for us to share in this forum. Blog posts, events, AMAs with the Pinterest team, anything! I'm all ears. I really want to make sure we're providing the best experience for our members on the community and that it's a helpful resource for you all.

0 Kudos