Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

Pinterest Accounts with the Red Check Mark

MomSkoop
Just visiting

Good Morning!  

I looked for a thread discussing this topic but didn't see one. If there is one, can you direct me to it?

I was wondering why some accounts have the red check mark. Is there a way to request your account to be verified to receive it?

Thank you!

3 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AmericanoCrystals
Problem-solver

Hey!
Verifying your website on your Pinterest business account, as well as linking verified Twitter profile or Facebook page to your Pinterest business account, will improve your chances of getting verified in the future. Verified badges are issued only to certain notable names like celebrities, brands or media. In order to get your red check mark you should :
Convert your account to business account
Claim your website on Pinterest
Ensure you profile is complete
Link your verified Twitter profile or Facebook page to your Pinterest business account
Then contact Pinterest on this page with your request

Hope that helps!

View solution in original post

6 Kudos
10 Replies
AmericanoCrystals
Problem-solver

Hey!
Verifying your website on your Pinterest business account, as well as linking verified Twitter profile or Facebook page to your Pinterest business account, will improve your chances of getting verified in the future. Verified badges are issued only to certain notable names like celebrities, brands or media. In order to get your red check mark you should :
Convert your account to business account
Claim your website on Pinterest
Ensure you profile is complete
Link your verified Twitter profile or Facebook page to your Pinterest business account
Then contact Pinterest on this page with your request

Hope that helps!

6 Kudos
therealsouthamerica
Jack-of-all-trades

@AmericanoCrystals hi there - I don't like Facebook and I really haven't tried twitter does that affect if you receive a red check mark | verification?

Lisa

1 Kudo
AmericanoCrystals
Problem-solver

@therealsouthamerica I use Instagram and Pinterest for my business, so i haven't tried this red check mark thing. But I do believe it would change the way people think about your brand. Because it makes your profile look more professional and credible. 

1 Kudo
therealsouthamerica
Jack-of-all-trades

@AmericanoCrystals I think your right I would consider Twitter but definitely not Facebook (too many privacy issues) for my comfort level.

Good points thank you! 🙏 Lisa.

1 Kudo
MomSkoop
Just visiting

Thank you!

1 Kudo
therealsouthamerica
Jack-of-all-trades

@AmericanoCrystals hi there this is an update.....so my husband kindly reminded me that I had done a Facebook Account when we were in Scottsdale and so as per your thoughts and other info that I have read online regarding Facebook for Business and Pages et al. I found the login info and went ahead and reactivated it ..... I am not really sure what I am going to do with it but okay so here I am I will see how it fits? My website is launching this week and I am really on the fence with Facebook and Twitter. Thanks for your info and thoughts.

Facebook = @realsouthamerican

Lisa

1 Kudo
PinterestGabby
Community Manager
Community Manager

Spot on, @AmericanoCrystals! Here's a link to our help center article with more information about verified accounts on Pinterest. 📌

1 Kudo
LetsEatCakeBlog

Hi @PinterestGabby I had a question about this! We've claimed our site but we're wondering the best way to obtain the red check mark.

I couldn't seem to find where we could add our Facebook Page or Twitter account for verification, but we're happy to add those if required.

This is our channel: https://www.pinterest.com/LetsEatCakeBlog/

Thank you!

Rebecca

0 Kudos
PinterestGabby
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there @LetsEatCakeBlog, welcome to the PBC! You can file a ticket with our support team to request to have the verification checkmark added to your profile. Hope this helps and LMK if you have any questions in the meantime! See you around. 🙂 

1 Kudo