Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

Pins for Group Boards

owlbbaking
Loves to help
Labels (1)

Hi All!

I wanted to get some feedback on best practices for group boards.

I host my own group board with about 40 members. I've always only shared my own content on my group board, but I was wondering if I should also be sharing other pins that are not my own. Is there any benefit to that or should I only be sharing my content? 

Thank you so much!!! 

Liz at Owlbbaking.com

6 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AmericanoCrystals
Problem-solver

Hello,
I think pinning your own content on group boards is better, because when you post a pin followers of group board can potentially see it. In this case your pin may get more re-pins. The more re pins you get, the more your engagement will rise. Even though pinterest group boards not working as it used to be you can get a lot of saves with the help of these boards.

View solution in original post

4 Kudos
5 Replies
AmericanoCrystals
Problem-solver

Hello,
I think pinning your own content on group boards is better, because when you post a pin followers of group board can potentially see it. In this case your pin may get more re-pins. The more re pins you get, the more your engagement will rise. Even though pinterest group boards not working as it used to be you can get a lot of saves with the help of these boards.

4 Kudos
owlbbaking
Loves to help

Thank you! That makes sense! 

2 Kudos
ShaundaNecoleBlog
Just visiting

Great questions & I totally agree with @AmericanoCrystals ! This is how I use my group boards, and reserve my own non-group boards for re-pinning content from others.😀

2 Kudos
travelcontentcreators
Just visiting

First, you should always help the community and you will get back for that 🙂

Second, you should always consider posting not your own content as you can find out through this which content performs really well and create your own high performing content based on that information @owlbbaking 

1 Kudo
kaileybrumwell
Just visiting

I share all my pins to my group boards (and my client's pins to theirs that I manage), but I do occasionally post other people's content to my group board (especially if I want to share it, but it doesn't fit in my more specific-niche boards!) and I like to re-share content my board members share to my group boards to help support them as well. 

I think it depends on what your group board is, what you're sharing, and what your main goals are! Either way is okay 🙂 

1 Kudo