cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pin Stats

RehabAlley

Hi, I'm new to Pinterest, my question is if I am logged into Pinterest and click on my own pin, does that count as a closeup or link click in the pin stats? I just want to make sure that when I am reading the stats, it doesn't include stuff that I did. If there is a way I can hide my own clicks in the stats, please let me know as well.

2 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
PinterestGabby
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there @RehabAlley, great question! I'm checking with our team and hope to have an answer for you soon. Appreciate your patience. 🙂 

Did my response answer your question? Be sure to select "Accept as Solution" to help other community members on the PBC.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
PinterestGabby
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there @RehabAlley, great question! I'm checking with our team and hope to have an answer for you soon. Appreciate your patience. 🙂 

Did my response answer your question? Be sure to select "Accept as Solution" to help other community members on the PBC.

0 Kudos
imfierceafter40
Posts regularly

Hello Gabby,

I had a long saga of my account being accidentally flagged by your filter and it is just recovering.

Today, i woke up to find out that this is happening again.

It's really frustrating how this keeps happenening and I've been following your guidelines.

Really need your help, I hope to get assistance at the soonest time

Many thanks,

Yazmin

0 Kudos
foodiehomechef
Jack-of-all-trades

Great question @RehabAlley ... looking forward to hearing what Gabby finds out from the team!

Please follow me on Pinterest: Foodie Home Chef Thanks! Simone ♥
Currently Pinning to: Father's Day & Memorial Day / July 4th & BBQ / Grilling
0 Kudos
PinterestGabby
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @RehabAlley, thanks for your patience while we dug into this. To confirm your question, Pinterest will record interactions/engagements taken on your own Pins. Please keep that in mind when looking at your stats. As far as I know, there isn't a way to hide your own activity when looking at your analytics. I'll make a note as feedback and a feature request from you to share with our product team. Please let me know if there's anything else I can assist you with, and thanks for coming to the PBC!  

2 Kudos
editrixdesign
Just visiting

I'll second that request. It shouldn't be counting our own "activity" IMO.

I haven't noticed it counting my own closeups and so on, although I may have simply missed that.  But I do know that if we "repin" one of our own pins to another board, it gets counted as another save, and that is not helpful.

Once I saw that, I didn't take that type of action again.

Thanks for your help @PinterestGabby!

2 Kudos
foodiehomechef
Jack-of-all-trades

@PinterestGabby  Wow that's disappointing IMHO... I have to agree with everyone else... it's not helpful if the stats include our own actions.

Please follow me on Pinterest: Foodie Home Chef Thanks! Simone ♥
Currently Pinning to: Father's Day & Memorial Day / July 4th & BBQ / Grilling
2 Kudos
PinterestGabby
Community Manager
Community Manager

Appreciate the feedback, @eitrixdesign! Will pass along. 📌

1 Kudo