Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

Penalized For Using Same Pin Title

BrightLifeCurator
Just visiting

Hello, I opened a new Home Decor store using Shopify and am trying to build my Pinterest account for the store, hoping to get some free traffic. I am making fresh pins using the images from my product pages. My current Pinterest knowledge is mostly from watching YouTube videos. From these videos, I have heard that I should: 

1. Have a maximum of 5 pins going to the same product page (the same url). 

2. I must space out the pinning of the fresh pins that go to the same product page by 7+ days.

3. If I frequently fail to do either of the above, Pinterest will penalize my account by decreasing my impressions.

I have now heard of another issue I can be penalized for and I am wondering if it is true. I have heard that each pin going to the same url should have an unique title. To date, I have simply been using the product title as my pin title and using that same pin title for all the pins going to that same product. For example, if the product title is "Green Monkey Neon Sign", all the pins going to that URL would have the same pin title "Green Monkey Neon Sign" without any variation from one pin to the next.

Is it true that I will be penalized by having my impressions reduced if all the pins leading to the same url do not have unique titles from each other?

Thank you for taking the time to read this. I hope you can help me!

0 Kudos
0 Replies