Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

Outbound Link Click Rate for Individual Pins Gone?

healthyambitionsteam
Loves to help

@PinterestGabby @PinterestJanice 

I was checking Pinterest Analytics this morning, and while I can see the Outbound Link Click Rate in the Performance Over Time Graph, I no longer see the option under the Top Pins information. 

Sure, I could do the math myself, but why was this feature removed? This is a handy feature to look at with individual pins to see which ones have a better CTR than others. 

2 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
theburntsunsetnovel
Loves to help

@AmericanoCrystals I agree outbound click rates are way down. Here's a graph of my Pinterest account:

Screen Shot 2021-04-12 at 4.23.56 PM.png

I'm assuming it's something Pinterest is doing on purpose to drive the monetization of the platform. (To get us to buy ads.) I've been focusing on SEO for Google as well. My bounce rate is down 25% while my session rate is up 150% on my website. I imagine as creators find it more difficult to make a splash on Pinterest, they'll start focusing more on their own websites and other platforms. Many businesses only have a handful or just one dedicated social media guru and if Pinterest continues to offer diminishing returns, I'd expect creators to explore other options.

Chris

theburntsunsetnovel 

View solution in original post

4 Kudos
7 Replies
PinterestGabby
Community Manager
Community Manager

@healthyambitionsteam, Hi Cathy! Let me check with our team on this and I'll get back to you ASAP. 

0 Kudos
AmericanoCrystals
Problem-solver

@healthyambitionsteam Hi there!

Actually what bothers me a lot is outbound click rate is going down day by day. Do you have any recommendations how to increase outbound clicks to our website?

2 Kudos
healthyambitionsteam
Loves to help

Hey @PinterestGabby something has changed for the good!! I'll tag you in my latest forum post!

1 Kudo
healthyambitionsteam
Loves to help

I don't have any fancy recommendations other than to just keep pinning, but also focus on Google SEO. My Google traffic is up to 23% of my overall traffic now compared to 5% this same time last year.

2 Kudos
PinterestGabby
Community Manager
Community Manager

Whoaaa that's a huge SEO jump, @healthyambitionsteam! Any tips you can share with the group?  

0 Kudos
theburntsunsetnovel
Loves to help

@AmericanoCrystals I agree outbound click rates are way down. Here's a graph of my Pinterest account:

Screen Shot 2021-04-12 at 4.23.56 PM.png

I'm assuming it's something Pinterest is doing on purpose to drive the monetization of the platform. (To get us to buy ads.) I've been focusing on SEO for Google as well. My bounce rate is down 25% while my session rate is up 150% on my website. I imagine as creators find it more difficult to make a splash on Pinterest, they'll start focusing more on their own websites and other platforms. Many businesses only have a handful or just one dedicated social media guru and if Pinterest continues to offer diminishing returns, I'd expect creators to explore other options.

Chris

theburntsunsetnovel 

4 Kudos
AmericanoCrystals
Problem-solver

@theburntsunsetnovel yes! couldn't agree more!

2 Kudos