Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

New Update Problems

AmericanoCrystals
Problem-solver

Hi community!

Sit tight this will be a long post 🙂

Recently I was so busy for getting ready for new Fall&Holiday season. Because we introduced couple of new products, worked on photoges and created tons of fresh content. All of our pins were fresh and rich pins, we even shared some of backstage process on Pinterest Stories. Everything was doing great, our story pins were getting 8-10 k impressions. (I usually post 2 stories per day)
But last week we had a huge drop on Story Pin impressions, and we are now getting 400-1000 impressions per story.
Another problem was with the Ads, they were not running, not bringing us any impressions or link clicks. 

So monthly viewers of our profile dropped from 1.8 m to 1.6 m viewers in a week. Which I was hoping to reach 2 million viewers by the end of this month. At least I think me and my team deserved it, we work so hard during quarantine and we spent money on running ads and creating high quality content.

I sent a direct message to our dearest Gabby about it, I was patient enough to wait for her answer. (I can't see the message I have sent her on my messenger part so I am not sure if this message delivered or not.)

But then yesterday I couldn't access my profile, there were a red sign saying this user not found, which made me say oh, no here we again? I thought my profile got suspended again.
Couple of months ago my profile was suspended by mistaken and I lost 7k followers because of this! Yes, followers are not the main source of traffic on Pinterest but, every and each follower of these 7k were important for me, they were our potencial customers. Luckily, I was able to access my profile after some hours but I am insecure about security of my account. I don't want my profile got suspended again, and I am always ready to fix if I did anything wrong about it.

So, I would love to hear your recent experience on ads and story impressions, do also experience this kind of changes on your account? I'm trying to clarify is it something to do with new Pinterest Updates or my profile was flagged as spam?

@PinterestGabby  and @PinterestJanice I really appreciate you, I feel like I have a family on this community. Everyone is friendly and willing to help each other so didn't fill any tickets, I wanted to contact with you first.

Thank you for your time and help! 🙂

5 Kudos
23 Replies
AmericanoCrystals
Problem-solver

@GrannysBasket Hi! please never give up!

Write your message as a note and post it as an image! Good luck!

1 Kudo
noshitsocrates

I have been having the same problem, my pin impressions have gone down half of how much they used to be. And this issue has been occurring for more than a week now.

0 Kudos
PinterestGabby
Community Manager
Community Manager

@GrannysBasket sorry about that! Just fixed so it's showing up in this thread now. 🙂 

1 Kudo
dopemystic
Just visiting

@AmericanoCrystals Well, I've honestly kind of thrown in the towel for now. I used to be able to throw a few bucks at an ad and at least get about 20 link clicks, but my latest got like 6 impressions, lol. I've stopped my weekly roundup story pins, and I tried again with a static post and it's crickets chirping. I have a shop update I've been working tirelessly on and invested all my funds into for supplies. but I just can't seem to reach anyone on Pinterest anymore. I'm not sure how deep the changes to algorithms went in this latest update, but I need sales in a very bad way and until this all gets sorted out I'm just a little lost as to what to do. The only thing I can think that would help is setting up my shop there, but it's a daily thing if I do it manually, to my understanding, and I'm also worried about bad links when the items sell and they get removed from the shop. 

I'll be checking back here to see if things change for anyone. In the meantime, I'll be trying to explore all available avenues. Again, best of luck to everyone!

2 Kudos