Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

New Update Problems

AmericanoCrystals
Problem-solver

Hi community!

Sit tight this will be a long post 🙂

Recently I was so busy for getting ready for new Fall&Holiday season. Because we introduced couple of new products, worked on photoges and created tons of fresh content. All of our pins were fresh and rich pins, we even shared some of backstage process on Pinterest Stories. Everything was doing great, our story pins were getting 8-10 k impressions. (I usually post 2 stories per day)
But last week we had a huge drop on Story Pin impressions, and we are now getting 400-1000 impressions per story.
Another problem was with the Ads, they were not running, not bringing us any impressions or link clicks. 

So monthly viewers of our profile dropped from 1.8 m to 1.6 m viewers in a week. Which I was hoping to reach 2 million viewers by the end of this month. At least I think me and my team deserved it, we work so hard during quarantine and we spent money on running ads and creating high quality content.

I sent a direct message to our dearest Gabby about it, I was patient enough to wait for her answer. (I can't see the message I have sent her on my messenger part so I am not sure if this message delivered or not.)

But then yesterday I couldn't access my profile, there were a red sign saying this user not found, which made me say oh, no here we again? I thought my profile got suspended again.
Couple of months ago my profile was suspended by mistaken and I lost 7k followers because of this! Yes, followers are not the main source of traffic on Pinterest but, every and each follower of these 7k were important for me, they were our potencial customers. Luckily, I was able to access my profile after some hours but I am insecure about security of my account. I don't want my profile got suspended again, and I am always ready to fix if I did anything wrong about it.

So, I would love to hear your recent experience on ads and story impressions, do also experience this kind of changes on your account? I'm trying to clarify is it something to do with new Pinterest Updates or my profile was flagged as spam?

@PinterestGabby  and @PinterestJanice I really appreciate you, I feel like I have a family on this community. Everyone is friendly and willing to help each other so didn't fill any tickets, I wanted to contact with you first.

Thank you for your time and help! 🙂

5 Kudos
23 Replies
artisticshit
Just visiting

Hi Sophia,

I understand your problems. Me and my team are trying to post new and fresh content but we are losing thousands of potential clients everyday. We are trying to post new and trendy content but those are just gaining 400-600 views on the first day and the next day they drop to like 40-50. I don't know what is happening. I filed a ticket and they said that nothing is wrong with your account but actually everything is wrong!! We have been pushing through but we lost 1M viewers in like a month... @PinterestGabby @Anonymous @PinterestBrad Please Guys can you help us out?? We are doing everything in our power. Thank you for being so patient with us.

Thank you!  

6 Kudos
AmericanoCrystals
Problem-solver

@artisticshit Hello! Thank you !

Yes, that one day impression lost also happening to us, one pin gets 1.2 k impression in first day and after 1-2 days it drops 30-50 impressions. I can't figure out the cause of this, too.

1 Kudo
theburntsunsetnovel
Loves to help

Sophia,

I have lost 66% of my audience since this time last year. In May of this year I sent in a help request about my loss of impressions and audience. The ticket was closed by Logan from the help desk on June 15th and he assured me the issue would be fixed in 8 weeks. On September 15th after waiting long enough, I submitted a new help ticket referencing the old help ticket and how long I already had waited. My new ticket was closed within 24 hours by Peter from the help desk with another assurance the problem would be fixed in 8 weeks. I can only assume the help desk didn't even look into the issue because that would put my total wait time to several months. That can't be right - asking for help around Memorial Day and getting a "promise" to have it resolved around Thanksgiving?  I have sent over 3 dozen emails on this issue. I post only original fresh pins that I create. As it stands, my story pins get less than 1K when they used to get 10K-15K. While about 1 pin per week will match my old numbers, most new pins that get less than a 1K impressions. And my biggest pins mysteriously lose impressions. I had one pin go from 19K to 8K over night. I have sent in video, pictures and lots of emails to the help desk and the moderators of this board. Meanwhile I've identified numerous problems with the application: issues with pin descriptions, tagging on mobile, and messaging, offering up solutions or work arounds to each. I have also personally identified several spam accounts and submitted the information to the help desk. And my original problem remains unfixed. And every time I report a problem my account takes a dive. Whether it's a DCMA violation or something else. It almost seems like Pinterest retaliates against people who complain. But that can't be right, so my only guess is that the technical solutions to DCMA violations or account specific issues are so crude or poorly executed that it mistakenly creates a backlash against the original reporter. Meaning that if I complain about someone stealing my content, the app is so crude that when shutting down the stealer of the content, it stifles the creator's content. I honestly don't know what to do anymore. I just can't believe this is how regular contributors and outstanding creators are treated. As disappointed as I am to do this, I've begun a migration back to Instagram and Facebook, as well as, exploring non-traditional sites. I thought I have found a home at Pinterest, but it is clear they don't treat all accounts equal. I am honestly surprised there hasn't been a class action law suit filed yet. If all accounts aren't treated equally, then metrics should be eliminated, especially since reach is often determined by how well accounts perform analytically. I don't fall into a discriminated class, but I am surprised that a minority owned business has taken notice of how accounts are neither treated fairly nor equally. Pinterest will say they treat accounts equally, but the results speak otherwise. It doesn't seem like ads works either. And I constantly have content stolen. It's on me to find the stolen content and then submit DCMA after DCMA. The whole system seems set up to violate intellectual property. Clearly there is a bug with some accounts or Pinterest is manipulating results/analytics such that some accounts are favored over others in an effort to monetize the platform. Updates are also done without notice or reasonable infield testing. As an engineer it reminds me of MySpace, GooglePlus, and Vine - platforms that were mismanaged or obvious to user's needs. It feels a bit like we're on the leading edge of Pinterest imploding. If I ever have a problem with Amazon, they resolve the problem in less than a day. Amazon will even call me within five minutes, putting a solution in place before the phone conversation ends. That's real customer service. And Pinterest has a horrible habit of sending out condescending form email responses to technical issues. To repeat, I reported a metric problem to Pinterest in May and now they are asking me to wait until November. How is that a sustainable business model for either the advertiser or the platform? I have put all of my ad dollars into Amazon. It's a big pond but they are committed to fairness and resolving technical issues immediately. My advice also is to start moving content to more reliable platforms until Pinterest agrees to fix analytic issue and then actually carries out their promises. Ugh. I can't believe I wasted another moment of my time explaining the numerous app issues. You may understand our struggles as well as other creators but it's like Pinterest is obvious to creator's concerns. There's been way too much talk, assurances, and promises to fix things and way too little action. So disappointed with Pinterest's responses to these issues. I feel like our moderators to this board help out but they're not in a position to take technical action. It must be equally frustrating to our the moderators. I can only wonder what is really going on with the help desk.

@PinterestGabby @PinterestJanice 

Chris

4 Kudos
artisticshit
Just visiting

Hi @theburntsunsetnovel i couldnt agree more!!!!

2 Kudos
AmericanoCrystals
Problem-solver

@theburntsunsetnovel Hi Chris, I am so sorry that you experienced this.

As creators we should stay in touch and try to solve our problems altogether. Pinterest is great place for us to show how our products beautiful and unique. We have bigger plans on this platform so I hope this issues will be solved very soon.

3 Kudos
theburntsunsetnovel
Loves to help

Here's an example of what happened to one of my pins last night. Overnight I lost 3700+ impressions.

pinterest impression drop.jpg

0 Kudos
AmericanoCrystals
Problem-solver

@theburntsunsetnovel Yeah, I feel you, it happened to me, too.

1 Kudo
artisticshit
Just visiting

Hi @AmericanoCrystals @theburntsunsetnovel @PinterestJanice @PinterestGabby 

Please look into this. There are many troubled pinners out there reporting the same problem. Hope you understand.

Thank you.

1 Kudo
theburntsunsetnovel
Loves to help

@artisticshit @AmericanoCrystals   same thing happened again last night to another post.pinterest impression drop 2.jpg

2 Kudos