Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

New to Pinterest

Fastingforhealthyliving
Just visiting

Hello Pinterest Peeps!

I am very new to Pinterest and have been very diligent with creating some pretty cool pins on a very regular basis. Problem is...I only have 2 followers! Please enlighten me a little as to how I can gain more...

4 Kudos
7 Replies
hellodebbieroy
Just visiting

Yay, welcome to Pinterest! A few things come to mind....

1. In your post copy or on your graphic, it's ideal to have a strong call-to-action, and if your goal at the moment is growing your following, you could leave a call-to-action inviting your audience to follow you. 
  2. Engaging on Pinterest is also important. Find content that is inspiring to you and repin, comment, like and even react (to video and story pins.)
  3. If you want to take it outside of Pinterest, you can also invite your email list to follow you on Pinterest, create a post on your social media platforms inviting your audience to follow you on Pinterest or share their favorite pin that you've created. 

Cheers! You can follow me here

0 Kudos
Fastingforhealthyliving
Just visiting

Girl! Thank you so much...I really appreciate it!

0 Kudos
foodiehomechef
Jack-of-all-trades

Hi there @Fastingforhealthyliving welcome to the community! Just to add to what Debbie said... be patient, as it can take up to 6 months to really notice a boost in your followers & other stats. Pinterest is a long term commitment & the payoff is huge if you diligently keep at it.

Can you give me the URL to your Pinterest page & I'll have a look & see if I have any more suggestions for you... AND of course I'll follow you! 😊

1 Kudo
lailaglamour

Hi! there is any way i can get more detailed information I m like a Dummy when it comes to Pinterest I never understand how it really should work. any suggestion on how I can perform better in to it and how I can grow my followers step by step. 

thank you so much 

0 Kudos
foodiehomechef
Jack-of-all-trades

@lailaglamour   Hi there & welcome to the community! Your best bet is to take the courses at the FREE Pinterest Academy... it will really help you a great deal: https://pinterestacademy.exceedlms.com/student/catalog

Be sure to sign up & then you'll be able to look around at what's available. Hope that helps!

0 Kudos
Fastingforhealthyliving
Just visiting

Hi Simone! Thank you so very much...I really appreciate it. I will absolutely KEEP at it. My URL is https://www.pinterest.com/Fastingforhealthyliving And HECK YES I would be more than happy to follow ya, Girl!  

1 Kudo
foodiehomechef
Jack-of-all-trades

@Fastingforhealthyliving   Hi Kathy, I went to your Pinterest page & followed you 😊

I have a couple of suggestions...

1. I clicked through a few of your pins & they all went to your home page & NOT to a particular blog post. I would change that, as you don't want your visitors to have to hunt for what they clicked through to find.

2. Try using images on your pins that are more closely related to what you're saying on your pin. For example... the pins that talk about food & fasting... I would use pictures of food and/or people with food. At your site you have a post from Aug 24th that says "Intermittent Fasting for a Better Future" and there's a great picture there of 2 people with food. That picture would be perfect for your pin for "Couples Weight Loss" (see Screenshot) get what I mean? SS Kathy Couples Weight Loss.jpg

3. I also noticed that all your pins basically say the same thing over & over again. IMHO you should try to diversify when it comes to the text on your pins.

Anyways, hope those suggestions help you a bit!

0 Kudos