Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

New Pinterest member

Hi All,

I am a new Pinterest member &  I have created a business account to promoty my ETSY shop. Can someome help me how to start working on Pinterest. what is the process like first what I need to do what. 

like first I need  to add followers or I need to join some groups etc.

Please suggest.

Thanks

6 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
firstfaith23
Just visiting

Hi there!  Welcome rbjem!  When creating your Pinterest account, be sure your website is linked to your account. You can do this under settings.  Choose 5 boards that are relevant to your business and make them featured boards.  You can also make some of your bards featured boards under settings.  You can do this by hovering over the 3 dots in the upper right-hand side of the page after you log in. Select edit settings, then, scroll down to the bottom of the page where it says, featured boards. Select edit and start adding your boards!

Hope this works for you!

View solution in original post

3 Kudos
10 Replies
firstfaith23
Just visiting

Hi there!  Welcome rbjem!  When creating your Pinterest account, be sure your website is linked to your account. You can do this under settings.  Choose 5 boards that are relevant to your business and make them featured boards.  You can also make some of your bards featured boards under settings.  You can do this by hovering over the 3 dots in the upper right-hand side of the page after you log in. Select edit settings, then, scroll down to the bottom of the page where it says, featured boards. Select edit and start adding your boards!

Hope this works for you!

3 Kudos
PinterestGabby
Community Manager
Community Manager

Rockstar response, @firstfaith23! Thanks for jumping in. ❤️

Also, welcome to Pinterest and to the Business Community, @rbjemsandjewellery2020!

0 Kudos
doblepllc
Just visiting

Hi! Be sure to take advantage of the tutorials on Pinterest and webinars offered. You might have received an email regarding Holiday 2020 pins. That webinar is on July 16 so be sure to sign-up/register.

1 Kudo
AmericanoCrystals
Problem-solver

@rbjemsandjewellery2020 Hey there! I wish you a good luck for your new business. We also have a shop on Etsy, so here is what you can do :

Create a range of boards that showcase your shop’s personality and taste, and make sure each board has enough pins to make it feel substantial so pinners will feel like it’s worth following.

You should connect your Pinterest account to Etsy's social media tool to share right from your Shop Manager.

Try to pin at least once a day so your followers get fresh content in their home feeds. Pin descriptions will make your pins more inspiring and searchable. So take a moment to write descriptions for everything you pin. 

Follow other people’s boards and then repin and comment on pins that inspire and relate to your shop. This will help people get a sense for what makes your shop special.

This is our profile you can check for more ideas: https://www.pinterest.com/AmericanoCrystals/boards/

Best, Sophia

1 Kudo
PinterestGabby
Community Manager
Community Manager

Great tips, @AmericanoCrystals and @doblepllc! We'll be sharing a link to that webinar for next week, btw. 😉

0 Kudos
PinterestGabby
Community Manager
Community Manager
0 Kudos
foodiehomechef
Jack-of-all-trades

@rbjemsandjewellery2020Welcome to Pinterest & especially to this Pinterest Business Community (PBC)! Everyone has given some good advice... but just let me add that Pinterest will be your BEST social media account for driving traffic to your site/business. But it's a long, slow process that you need to dedicate time to... and have patience in seeing results.

I've been with Pinterest for about 5 years & I would say it took me about a year before I really saw a big increase in traffic to my site. I work on my Pinterest account daily for at least 1 to 3 hours.

Another bit of advice is to advertise your Pinterest account & boards on your other Social Media accounts like Facebook & Twitter. And yes you should join some "Group Boards" that allow you to post pins that have items for sale (not all of them do).

Lastly I would suggest joining Milo Tree which has a pop-up for your website that gets you Social Media followers, increases your email mailing list. Here's my referral link: https://milotree.com/?rfsn=4175666.e333a4

You can view my pop-up at my site to get an idea of what it looks like: https://foodiehomechef.com/

0 Kudos
PinterestGabby
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for the great post and tips, @foodiehomechef! So great to have you back. 🙂 

1 Kudo
foodiehomechef
Jack-of-all-trades

Thanks @PinterestGabby ... it's great to be back!

1 Kudo