Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

New Notification System!

typicallytopical
Loves to help

I'm LOVING the new notification system! It makes it so easy to see what's being pinned and by who. I never realised some of my older pins were still going viral 🙂 

The only thing I've noticed is my profile on desktop looks a little small, like it should be on mobile. The rest of it looks great though! 

@therealsouthamerica Are you seeing a similar thing with the profile? 

@PinterestGabby @PinterestJanice SERIOUSLY IN LOVE with this new system for pinners! Such a small change but makes a huge difference.

Charlotte

5 Kudos
23 Replies
foodiehomechef
Jack-of-all-trades

You're much more ambitious with your pins than I am... I have a hard enough time just making your standard, everyday, average pins! lol. Cause all I have to work with is an iPhone 6S camera.

I was in pretty good shape at 50, but now at 68 not so much! You look pretty darn good for 50 my friend!

2 Kudos
therealsouthamerica
Jack-of-all-trades

@foodiehomechef Now you see when you show me the love like that I will be your friend for life❤️....its the skateboarding I am pretty sure thanks for the support its really appreciated! I work really hard!

I use the same phone as you  my husband and I get the small ones and our daughter has the mama of iPhones. Just get a tripod that you put the phone into and it follows you while your working and or records the sound I think their like $40 and I believe they ship I will get the name of the company for you (US Store). I think if you did a Story Pin with audio it would go crazy on Pinterest .... lets be honest no-one talks except for @divinehostess on her Story Pin. People really like it. 

I get the feeling if I were in your kitchen I would never leave......🤔 Your Awesome😎Lisa😁

2 Kudos
foodiehomechef
Jack-of-all-trades

@therealsouthamerica  Lol about what you said about never leaving my kitchen... you might be right!

I'm on a fixed income & not sure if I can fit any $ into the budget for more toys like a tripod... but you never know... maybe I'll get lucky & find some extra bucks somewhere.

My daughter, who's now 42, always has the most up to date iPhone with all the bells & whistles. I wish I could get a more current iPhone as they look really amazing!

1 Kudo
therealsouthamerica
Jack-of-all-trades

@foodiehomechef I know I am right.....If you can't do the tripod no worries get someone to videotape you and then use the voice function in the new Story Pin - You can voice over the video which I think is the best feature ever sometimes people need to hear a voice.

My daughter is 12 going on 21 and my husband does everything for her but when it comes to the tech she is expensive no question - all her friends from AZ & CA are online and she really misses them and in addition she has made friends with other 12 year olds from like Michigan | New York | Illinois | Indiana you name the state they are online playing video games they even have movie night on Saturdays can you believe it? 

1 Kudo
PinterestGabby
Community Manager
Community Manager

@typicallytopical THANK YOU for sharing this!!! We'll be sure to make a note to send this great feedback to product. They'll be so stoked. 💕

1 Kudo
foodiehomechef
Jack-of-all-trades

@therealsouthamerica   Oh yeah... kids these days are growing up in a whole different techie world! I'm old enough to remember when phones didn't even have dials! You had to pick up the receiver & the operator would come on & ask for the number you want to call lol.

1 Kudo
therealsouthamerica
Jack-of-all-trades

@PinterestGabby @foodiehomechef @owlbbaking Okay so this conversation brings a whole new meaning to "Drool Responsibly" 🤔

2 Kudos
foodiehomechef
Jack-of-all-trades

@therealsouthamerica   Amen to that Lisa! 🤣

1 Kudo
therealsouthamerica
Jack-of-all-trades

@foodiehomechef Okay so you beat me there but I can say I do remember when there was just an answering machine and that's it ...... okay that makes me feel old 😱

0 Kudos
foodiehomechef
Jack-of-all-trades

@therealsouthamerica   Here's another anecdote that shows what an antique I am... I started using computers when Windows didn't exist & for the first few years you could only work on PC's in DOS with a black screen! lol

1 Kudo