Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

Nasty comments on a Pin!

foodiehomechef
Jack-of-all-trades

@PinterestJanice @PinterestGabby   I woke up the other day to find some nasty comments on one of my Pins all from the same person. She left about 6 comments all on the same pin. I reported each one & with a different designation... in other words one was nasty & almost threatening and I reported it as "harrassing", while a couple of others were just annoying & sort of wrong so I reported them as "spam".

Each one disappeared from the pin after reporting it. So, long story short... what happens now? Does the Pinterest team contact this person & tell them to cease & desist? Or maybe do some other sort of action?

What this was all about was "Tzatziki Sauce" that just about everyone associates with Greek cuisine. From what I understand waaay back when, it originated in the Middle East and was called "cacık"... which is what she was complaining about & warned me to stop misrepresenting this as Greek! It was really unsettling & nerve wracking to say the least. Here's a link to the pin in question (oh & by the way, it's my most successful pin ever): https://www.pinterest.com/pin/298152437828398563

My original message got another error message, so I've posted the entire message with a screenshot below.

1 Kudo
9 Replies
foodiehomechef
Jack-of-all-trades

Here's the screenshot & the yellow area is what was deleted @PinterestGabby @PinterestJanice SS Error Message 7-23-2020.jpg

0 Kudos
therealsouthamerica
Jack-of-all-trades

@foodiehomechef @PinterestGabby @PinterestJanice Can't respond Red Error message box

Sorry Your Awesome Simone I'm sure the recipe is great! Lisa

1 Kudo
owlbbaking
Loves to help

I've received some not so pleasant comments before too and it happens every once in a while.  I've had people call my recipes "THE WORST" and advising other people to not make it (even when hundreds have had success and rave about the recipe!!)

I know it's easier said than done but try to not let it bother you too much. Some people just love to be trolls! You could probably delete those comments if you wanted to. 

2 Kudos
theburntsunsetnovel
Loves to help

jjkook icons is just a troll. They have 39 monthly viewers. I had one a while back on a poetry board. Just keep doing what you are doing - don't engage, report, and delete comment. They have no power if you do not acknowledge them.

2 Kudos
foodiehomechef
Jack-of-all-trades

@therealsouthamerica The recipe IS great & I make it often. What really "gets me" about this... is why this person singled me out. There's got to be thousands of pins about Tzatziki Sauce (all claiming to be a Greek recipe) on Pinterest, but she/he chose me to troll... weird!?

1 Kudo
foodiehomechef
Jack-of-all-trades

@owlbbakingOh I am... I am not letting it bother me & I did delete the messages! More than anything I was wondering what Pinterest does about it, once you report it.

2 Kudos
foodiehomechef
Jack-of-all-trades

@theburntsunsetnovelThanks for the great advice! It's so sad that some people have nothing better to do with their time!

2 Kudos
stella_bb_blog

@foodiehomechef I would also not respond or engage in any way, some people need to be mean to feel more important. Did you just report the comments or did you delete them? I took a look at the pin and I can still see the comments from 11d ago, she's got problems...

1 Kudo
PinterestGabby
Community Manager
Community Manager

This is all great advice from everyone on this thread! You do have the option to either report or delete the comment if you receive an unwanted comment on a Pin that violates our community guidelines. Here's a link to our help center article for more info, @foodiehomechef if you're interested. 🙂 

0 Kudos