Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

My problem continues and all I'm getting from Pinterest are "suggestions on how to improve my pins"

muchadoaboutpets
Just visiting

Seriously, this is getting ridiculous.

My traffic is still down about 90%, my new pins are still getting zero to none impressions, it's been over 15 days since I asked for help on Pinterest.

So today I finally see a new reply on my email and it's the same exact thing!

Pinterest help takes days to answer to tell me it's basically up to me to make my account go up again, by making better pins.

Oh, if only that were the case, I would be happy enough!

Even after I explained that I have a second account on the same niche that's been doing great, even after I told them I've had Pinterest accounts for years and that I know this isn't typical Pinterest behavior, they're still throwing sand in my eyes.

I've read here about taking months of back and forth to solve this issue, but I didn't know it would be this upsetting.

I expected Pinterest to admit the issue and try to sort it out together with me, not try to "blame me" for the error.

They call it organic traffic drop, really?

They say my account has improved because I had more 70 people on my account than the day before, are they for real??

Then they follow that up with about 8 paragraphs on how to create good pins and manage your boards and by then, I've lost the will to be on Pinterest at all...

And don't even get me started on the bit when they propose I invest in ads to solve my problem...

Is this how it's going to go? Months and months of them giving me advice while ignoring the issue entirely until they close the thread or I just give up?

I really have no idea what to do... Can anyone advise me on this? I would really appreciate it.

@PinterestGabby

1 Kudo
7 Replies
PinterestGabby
Community Manager
Community Manager

@muchadoaboutpets, apologies for the late response here. I hope you didn't think we were ignoring you! 😞 I saw on a recent post you commented on that things are starting to turn back around for you from an analytics standpoint. Keep us posted and feel free to reach out if you have any questions/concerns. 

0 Kudos
lovelinleyblog

I am experiencing the same thing! I went from dragging along at 5-10 impressions after 24 hours to 1,000-2500 (even topping out at 16K on one pin!) in 24 hours. Suddenly, with no change in my pinning strategy, each pin gets 1 and exactly 1 impression after 24 hours.  Got a similar response to you, @muchadoaboutpets... they said that it's on me. I'm just really discouraged and hoping others experienced this with a bright side after continuing on. @PinterestGabby any ideas?

0 Kudos
muchadoaboutpets
Just visiting

Hi @PinterestGabby 

Thank you for replying to me.

Unfortunately, it seems I jumped to conclusions. My numbers grew ever so slightly but dropped again, no improvements to report.

Have there been any news as to when we should expect this issue to be fixed?

It's just not viable to continue to tend to an account no one is seeing, it's a waste of time and energy and frankly, very depressing.

Sandy

0 Kudos
PinterestGabby
Community Manager
Community Manager

@muchadoaboutpets Hi Sandy, I absolutely understand your frustration here, and thanks for sharing your thoughts and feedback. At this point, support is going to be your point of contact for anything regarding timelines or updates with fixes. I'd recommend keeping open your tickets with support and continuing communication so they can keep you looped in with any updates. 

0 Kudos
muchadoaboutpets
Just visiting

@PinterestGabby hello.

For my last ticket, it took me about 6 or 7 email exchanges until @Anonymous finally let me know that there was indeed an issue.

If I open a new ticket to know if there is any change and get someone else telling me to create fresh pins to solve this issue, I'm going to give up entirely.

I've seen so many other content creators saying the same thing, I understand that the number of people being affected by this issue is probably low in comparison to the entire Pinterest universe, but it is happening and all the cases seem like copies of each other, even the impression graph is the same, it should be simple enough to tell who's having the issue and who has other problems.

I had to create a second account and start getting better numbers on that account than on my original one for Pinterest help to stop telling me to just create fresher pins...

Christmas is just around the corner and, instead of building up for that, we're having to deal with this, the losses will be tremendous!

As it is, spammers and people who steal our pins and use it as their own are getting better results than people who spend their days working to create the kind of content that actually adds real value to Pinterest.

My suggestion would be to stop telling people to create fresher pins and actually address their issues.

Some people have been dealing with this since May, what could possibly have changed so much that can't be undone or solved by now?

And why is it so hard to get straight answers? All we get is vague and non-committal.

It isn't even a matter of motivation anymore, it's actually an issue of just not being worth the investment anymore.

I apologize for the rant, but time is going by and nothing is happening and quite honestly, it would help if Pinterest just acknowledged the issue properly and went a bit further in helping us.

Sandy

0 Kudos
imfierceafter40
Posts regularly

@PinterestGabby 

I have been experiencing this same thing. I only received 2 emails from your team and they do not know what is going on. however, your team has stopped replying 4 days ago in spite of the email follow ups.

- My engagement dropped from 25K impressions to ZERO impression in just 2 hours and never went back

- Seasonality of change of preference cannot be the answer as your team emailed. realize that this is a drastic drop and can only be possible if the AI of pinterest started hiding ALL my pins. The events are all pointing to that fact, but your team won't admit this as a valid point

We really hope you reply us. Because we do put in the hours daily to upload good lookign content to your platform

My pinterest account: https://www.pinterest.ph/imfierceafter40/

0 Kudos
imfierceafter40
Posts regularly

Hey, Gabby.

i have the same problem, but your team replied me 3 times and never again replied.

My Pinterest account:  https://www.pinterest.ph/imfierceafter40/

0 Kudos