Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

My Account Seems To Be Invisible

GrannysBasket
Posts regularly

Hello to all  😀

I have sent my issue to Pinterest, and this is not the first issue I've had but, It is the worst.

I was at around 1.1 mil monthly viewers about 3 1/2 weeks ago and now I'm at 734K . In the last few days I have seen no traffic at all , my pins have zero saves and I have only today received a notification on Pinterest, I have seen none in the past 3 to 4 days. I dont know what I have done or not done for this huge loss in traffic and why this has all started since the update. - I have noticed a drop in sales to my business and a loss in traffic to my business, which has not happened in 5 years of being in business while using Pinterest as my promotional platform.

I do a lot of saving to sections within my main boards and when they get to 100 pins I create their own board and move those saved pins to that board.

It does seem to me that I have been flagged for spam and have been blocked - I have no log-in issues, I can use Pinterest as normal but, I know that im not being seen anymore by anyone almost like I am invisible.

Please help,

Thank you and please stay safe and healthy. 😷

Chris

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
GrannysBasket
Posts regularly

@abetterresume  @AmericanoCrystals  @artisticshit  @theburntsunsetnovel  I have received another message from the Pinterest team -- this is what they said --

"It is possible that you're not receiving notifications because analytics counts Pins created by you and Pins that other people save from your website or linked accounts too. "  --

I'm not sure if this helps anyone but, I think Pinterest is weeding out the system and in doing so things have been paused for a bit until either bugs are fixed with this live test their running or there is too much reused pins in the system and they need new content. There are tons of stolen pins, pins that go nowhere and pins being used for other things besides what Pinterest is about - Pinterest is not a social media website - its a search engine.  Maybe like Etsy does, they are cleaning house to free up the system of unneeded junk and the only way to do that is to pause some things and then things will soon be back to normal , I hope . --- 

View solution in original post

2 Kudos
10 Replies
abetterresume
Loves to help

Hello Chris,

If you read the posts, it is happening across the Pinterverse. I went from 3.5M to 2.1M monthly where it has held steady. Someone today reported they lost 32 million repins, I lost 45,000. You are not alone. Pinterest has changed the rules and we have yet to identify what pushes impressions, repins, followers and clicks. Hopefully this will change soon. Looking toward Pinterest for leadership.

4 Kudos
GrannysBasket
Posts regularly

Eesh - If I come up with something I will post it for all to read.

My page seems like its frozen. 

2 Kudos
GrannysBasket
Posts regularly

Hello everyone  🙂  -- I got a reply back from Pinterest team -- This is a section of what it said that pointed to a possible problem but, it is what they are going for so not a problem really, just a new way of priority. Heres what they said ---- 

"In some cases, recent changes may be due to updates we are making to prioritize new Pins over already-Pinned content. Pinterest encourages creators to publish new, original content on a regular basis as the best way to build an audience on Pinterest. 

We encourage new publishing over Saving others' or your own already-pinned content. Pinners come to our platform to find new ideas and as we continue to update our service, we'll prioritize new original content published by creators over Saves."

1 Kudo
GrannysBasket
Posts regularly

@abetterresume  @AmericanoCrystals  @artisticshit  @theburntsunsetnovel  I have received another message from the Pinterest team -- this is what they said --

"It is possible that you're not receiving notifications because analytics counts Pins created by you and Pins that other people save from your website or linked accounts too. "  --

I'm not sure if this helps anyone but, I think Pinterest is weeding out the system and in doing so things have been paused for a bit until either bugs are fixed with this live test their running or there is too much reused pins in the system and they need new content. There are tons of stolen pins, pins that go nowhere and pins being used for other things besides what Pinterest is about - Pinterest is not a social media website - its a search engine.  Maybe like Etsy does, they are cleaning house to free up the system of unneeded junk and the only way to do that is to pause some things and then things will soon be back to normal , I hope . --- 

2 Kudos
abetterresume
Loves to help

I agree there are a lot of old, misdirected, and broken-linked pins out there. I do not agree that Pinterest is a database exclusively. Those who treat it as such have not been as successful as they could be. You have messaging, comments, group boards and secret boards. These require two-party interaction. To ignore the 400 million people who use Pinterest and are real people with feelings, interests and potential for interaction is to ignore the full potential of Pinterest. This forum, itself, is an example that Pinterest is not just a database.

1 Kudo
GrannysBasket
Posts regularly

@abetterresume  Hi 🙂 

What I meant as a search engine and not a social media website is not the idea that you cant interact with others, its based on what Pinterest has said on Pinterest Academy  - " Pinterest is a visual discovery engine for finding ideas, creating moments and planning your future. "  By that description from Pinterest Academy means to me that they are a search engine with options to interact with people. They also state - "We believe that creating a place that is positive, visually appealing and always growing can enhance people’s lives instead of disrupting them." - that to me as well says they are not a social media website as such - true social media websites disrupt most people's lives, where as to me Pinterest does not. That is why I am not on any of the major social websites. - But I do agree with you, its not just a database, there is lots to do and interact with but, Pinterest is not a true social media website. 

0 Kudos
lamoreesvintage
Just visiting

I had a similar problem. I had about 30 boards and then one day all I could see were featured boards. A lot of work disappeared, and I was told “we don’t know what happened.” 

0 Kudos
GrannysBasket
Posts regularly

@lamoreesvintage  Thats horrible  - Ive never had my boards vanish and I hope it never happens - I would pull my hair out if that happened.   

0 Kudos
GrannysBasket
Posts regularly

Hi Everyone  🙂 

Well I've just seen something that blows my mind. In a post I wrote above Pinterest wrote me this - "It is possible that you're not receiving notifications because analytics counts Pins created by you and Pins that other people save from your website or linked accounts too. " -- Ok fair enough , I thought and told you all here that they are doing something and things will , hopefully go back to normal soon -- 

Well, this is a pic of my analytics as of ten minutes ago -- I didnt get notifications not because of pins or changes, I got shut off.

Screenshot 2020-09-30 at 01.17.03.png

So I dont think my idea was right - sorry. I knew my page was invisible and it looks like its going to keep falling again. -- Eesh -- I hope this get figured out soon.

0 Kudos