Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

My Account Pins have been Deindexed + Support Not Replying

saurabhankush
Just visiting

My Issue No. 274289

My Account whole pins have been de-indexed completely from Pinterest search suddenly. My account facing spam/bug like issue where my whole pins have been deindexed all at once. Even if I search for my username in Pinterest search - result is only spam/stolen pins. Not a single pin pointing to my site.

This had happened with me in June and I had to struggle explaining the issue to the support constantly and after 3-4months of constant emailing and convincing them that my account is facing issue. The issue was fixed in November. Now again the same exact issue has happened.

I am constantly emailing support from last 12 days and I am getting NO reply + even if I get a reply its like - I am sending this issue to internal team and then the ticket is getting closed.

This is happening constantly from the last 12 days. I am afraid that this might again take 3-4months of constant emailing to get the issue fixed?

I am going to ask @PinterestGabby @Anonymous @Anonymous @pinterestjanice or anyone from Pinterest team to kindly look into my issue and get my issue fixed instantly this time, without having me to wait again for 3-4months! I would be thankful

3 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
thepetyoga
Just visiting

@modernfiftytv Just give it 3-6 months.

In the meantime, fix your image alts (alt="[insert description with SEO Keywords]"), titles, internal links (did you know that all your Pinterest pins are a backlink to your site, even though they are nofollow?), use the "Search related to" under Google results, etc. 

Looking back, Pinterest just made us all lazy - we could pin 10 images and get 100s-1000s of visitors. But, I think that was always the plan - reel us in and when we're dependent on them for traffic, boom... switch the algo.

I haven't pin a single thing since December 20 and all of a sudden Pinterest is sending me pin suggestions for my boards, my views are improving (still low). Prior to this (Nov, Dec) I wasn't getting any of that. 

When I resume pinning, I'll just pin 2 good images after I've posted a new article and walk away - the scales have cleared from my eyes.

Bottom line is, diversify. 

Plot twist, what if customer service is 1 person with multiple monikers? I mean, they all sound the same to all of us.

View solution in original post

3 Kudos
14 Replies
Kontentsia
Posts regularly

It's so sad to hear that you managed to get it fixed and then got hit again. I've been emailing with support since August and got nowhere.

Could you maybe look up who you spoke with when it got fixed and see if you can get in contact with him again? Could be the only hope for our growing club.

If you really crave answer from support, I can do that! With all the emails I've got I could work in support too. You've mentioned "search" in you question, so this is the copy you'd get from support:

"Hi, Saurabh.

Your Pins and boards are not guaranteed to show in search results — we only yield certain results based on our algorithm. Since there are millions of people on Pinterest, it’s not possible for everyone’s ideas and content to show in search.

Please let me know if you have any further concerns.

Regards,

Alesia"

I keep expecting to get banned just so stop emailing. And now I'm making fun of them...

2 Kudos
thathumblepost
Just visiting

Hey,

I am also facing the same issue, my pins view, impressions and link clicks have dropped drastically, I have tweeted the same and hope to get a response and fix for this asap.otherwise creating pins will just be wasting time.

4 Kudos
ozgurtagay
Posts regularly

Too many people have the same condition, same in my case. Pinterest doesn't work properly anymore, I don't think its users are satisfied as it is impossible to find something you are looking for. There is no point in continuing this way. I recommend you to turn to alternative platforms.

2 Kudos
Ameliabeg01
Just visiting

On 10 Dec, 2020, I have monthly 600k and daily 60k impressions,but on very next morning 11 Dec, it moves to 5k and I was totally blank to see that.But I think it may any technical error, I continue upload new and unique content on daily bases, but my traffic is consistently down on all pins, without any reason, and now it reach to 1k, and now I am afraid  that all my hard work is going to waste.

My Account whole pins have been de-indexed completely from Pinterest search.This is happening constantly from the last 15 days.Now I come on point, that I am wasting my energy, as nothing is going to improve. Kindly,  @PinterestGabby suggest me either I keep my work or stop sharing my contribution, as it's very hard for me to continue in such condition, I am very very disappointed. Is there any way to sort out that technical error?

@PinterestGabby @Anonymous @Anonymous @PinterestJanice I am looking for you positive response.Thank you

1 Kudo
saurabhankush
Just visiting

I am still waiting and nobody replying nowadays. Either they are closing the ticket by saying we are passing to internal team, and then no reply!

I am really frustrated! Guys please help!

2 Kudos
thepetyoga
Just visiting

@ozgurtagay  Have you found an alternative platform?

I haven't saved anything to my pinterest account for 18 days now. Will try again from the 30th day. 

Right now, I've decided to focus on Google SEO (yes, it is slow, but they don't just de-indexed your site and hide your post after a new update).

Let me know if you found success with an alternative site scrعw Pinterest.

2 Kudos
thepetyoga
Just visiting

@saurabhankush You need to stop waiting, get up from your arىe, pick another platform and start something.

Focus on Google SEO, Facebook, tell the few readers you have to share your content on Twitter, Instagram, etc. 

One day Pinterest will wake up and it'll be just an Ads and spam website

1 Kudo
thepetyoga
Just visiting

I felt frustrated too.

Instead of creating 3-10 pins daily for Pinterest, use that time to write 2-3 SEO post weekly.

You will be fine! 

1 Kudo
ozgurtagay
Posts regularly

@thepetyoga I totally agree, Pinterest is no longer useful as they used to be, they can go on with useless ads.

1 Kudo