cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Account Lost 3m+ & Pins Massive Drop in Impression

Highlighted
Just visiting

Hi Pinterest Team,

My account was marked by spam filter due to some bug as confirmed by Pinterest support on 30th June 2020.

As a result, my account seeing massive impression drop from 4m+ to 1m and even more dropping daily. My daily impressions are down by 80-90%.

All of my pins which were ranking in the search engines disappeared in a day. My New pins getting 10-30 impressions (even thou I have 6.5k followers), used to at least get 1k-3k in 24 hours.

My traffic got hit by 80-90%. Even thou I am serious content creator working day and night for Pinterest, and creating daily new content. I have emailed 20+ time to Pinterest support and they just tell me this is going to take "several days".

My worries is I have done so much work, day and night, and built so many content on Pinterest and Pinterest audience. All gone in a single day and I am just getting a single reply that its a bug issue and going to take several days, it has been 16days now and I can't sleep now seeing such massive drop. It is completely depressing state for me.

I completely trust Pinterest love its original content creators and will do justice with me. As this is my bread and butter and my whole family depends upon this. I kindly request whoever Pinterest team reading this, to please help me fix my account asap. (Please accelerate my case)

This is depressing, and this is not what we content creators should face after so many sleepless night and trusting Pinterest for our content. I still believe you guys will help me.

Thanks.

@PinterestGabby

4 Kudos
11 Replies
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @saurabhankush, thank you for coming to the community and sharing your experience with us. We hear you and understand your frustration. While the Business Community isn't a staffed support channel and the community team is unable to make or influence the decisions of our support teams or make any direct changes to your account, we are able to help escalate cases as needed. Can you share your ticket # with us so we can look into it and make sure it's being addressed by the correct team? Look forward to hearing from you. 🙂 

Have you personalized your community profile yet?
Submit your Story Pin for a chance to be featured on the Today tab!
0 Kudos
Highlighted

@saurabhankush I have been struggling with the same problem. My impressions went to nothing overnight a couple months ago. I have filed several support tickets and nothing has changed. The first two support people both told me there is nothing wrong with my account. The third told me he "fixed the issue", closed the ticket, and ignored my reply asking him what he did to "fix" my issue (nothing changed.) The most recent support person emailed me a few days ago and said she was closing my support ticket because "the issue was taking too long to resolve" and I should file another support ticket if I needed help again in the future. I wrote her back and said my account is STILL not fixed but she just repeated that it was taking too long so she was closing my ticket. I am so frustrated that I just gave up. I would start looking elsewhere for bringing traffic to your site.

1 Kudo
Highlighted
Loves to help

My ticket for a similar but less drastic drop (33% loss of audience) was closed as well because it was going to take too long to resolve. My impression for pins 24 hours old go from sometimes thousand to less than a hundred the next day. Sometimes the impressions come back and sometimes they don't. They bug screws with my audience and impression numbers on a daily basis. I was assured that it would be fixed in 8 weeks, which put the fix sometime in August. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

@PinterestJanice and I really appreciate everyone sharing their feedback and experience with the traffic issues. Please know that we are noting how these issues have been handled by support and are surfacing this feedback to our internal teams for review. 

Have you personalized your community profile yet?
Submit your Story Pin for a chance to be featured on the Today tab!
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Just visiting

My account got suspended a few weeks ago for suspected spam then reinstated.
2 weeks ago I had 171k monthly unique viewers.Now I have 138k. I just feel the account is sinking like the titanic.

It's so scary to be honest to know that the suspension can just be the start of the tale.

I have 2 other accounts and every day now I wake up wondering if I'm going to get a suspension even though I have done nothing wrong. So so scary.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hi.

How did things work out for you @saurabhankush ?

Is it sorted?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Just visiting

Hey @PinterestGabby 

Let me explain whats happening with me:
- I went from 4m+ impressions to 200k and still dropping.
- All ranking pins gone in a day
- New Pins getting really low impressions like 1-50. I used to average 1k-2k impressions on new pins at least in 24 hours.
- I am an old Pinterest content creator now.

When I first reported about the drop the support said - Its a bug which affected your account wrongly. (on July 29th) - Ticket #174345

It has been more than a month now and nothing is improving, not even a single sign of improvement.

I contacted them recently - Ticket #190835 - and now they are claiming there is nothing wrong in my account. From 4million drop to 200k, new pins performance from 1-2k in 24 hours to 1-30 impressions, and still nothing wrong in my account?

Its not something I digestible, I as a content creator gave so much time to create so many beautiful valuable content for Pinterest in return of a trust that my content will be respected. And I can work on the platform with trust that my content and growth is protected, when I am following all the rules.

I feel like my account has been put into something like low quality or something similar which is halting its growth. Telling no issues in circumstances like this is not so good for a reputed platform like Pinterest where we trust with our time and content.

Gabby I am looking forward to get some help from you. Support is not helping at all, have sent more than 20-30 emails so far. This is not cool, you simply cant punish my account for your mistakes.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Just visiting

@saurabhankush @PinterestGabby @theburntsunsetnovel 

I have the exact same issue, with 2 of my sites going from getting 6k+ clicks a day from Pinterest to getting about 800 on a good day now (impressions drop from 6m to 1m so far and keep dropping). All of my pins also disappeared from search. I have contacted support multiple times over the last month and they confirmed that my accounts were marked as spam but that they have been whitelisted and "fixed" (this was about a month ago). However none of my pins re-appeard in search and traffic still keeps dropping daily (and I'm pinning 9 fresh pins every single day). The latest reply from support was:

"We cannot confirm the exact date of when the performance of your pins will rebound to their previous levels. Sorry about the inconvenience this might cause."

And they closed my ticket (#188578).

I've probably opened over 15 tickets this last month, and still no resolution. I honestly don't think anymore that we'll get our accounts back to where it was before being caught in the spam filter 😞

**** If you're interested in personal development, blogging and making money online, follow my Pinterest page Mind Her Way ****

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Just visiting

Those numbers are pretty depressing. I am really hoping that a fix comes for you soon @saurabhankush 

The not knowing what is going on is the worse part. It is so hard to motivate myself to spend the time creating fresh pins that will go nowhere as I am nearly sure that I have also been unofficially marked as spam.

If Pinterest just told us that they are aware of the issue and working on a fix I really think it would help.

0 Kudos