Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

More traffic to your website

askthechefblog
Just visiting

Hi everyone,

I do have a question about getting more traffic to my site from pinterest?
The last couple months I’m doing keyword research properly I even took a pinterest course and I still have the feeling that I’m missing something.

Anyone some tips?

Thank you!!

2 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
allaboutbabyblog
Loves to help

@askthechefblog It's a whole science 😄

The time you pin is important (when are your readers online?) - Tailwind is a great tool to find that out
Pin fresh pins daily and stay consistent
Make sure your pin design makes people want to stop scrolling and click - it has to make them curious 🙂

It takes time to build 🙂

View solution in original post

6 Kudos
20 Replies
foodiehomechef
Jack-of-all-trades

@askthechefblog   Hi, have you tried joining & posting to Pinterest Group Boards that are in your niche? Also you can post your Pinterest Pins & links on other social media platforms like Facebook, Twitter & such.

3 Kudos
PinterestGabby
Community Manager
Community Manager

Adding in @AmericanoCrystals and @theburntsunsetnovel who might have some insight! 😉

Curious, @askthechefblog, what Pinterest course did you take? 

3 Kudos
theburntsunsetnovel
Loves to help

I just turned on Google Analytics this month, so I don't have a lot of insight of what type of traffic I am generating. I am primarily using Pinterest to gain brand awareness. A lot of my original content pays homage to other books in my genre. (I am an author.) Essentially what I am trying to do is build an account where people who like Percy Jackson, Hunger Games, Divergent, Maze Runner, Harry Potter, etc. check out on my separate boards dedicated to those books. My hope is to covert those people within Pinterest and drive those people to the board the features my book series The Burnt Sunset. I often use a tagline like "If you like Percy Jackson, The Hunger Games, and Divergent, you'll devour The Burnt Sunset Series." It seems to work. My most popular board by impressions is for my own series even though it does not have the most number of pins. Percy Jackson is my second most popular board. If you take a look at the two boards you'll see a lot of my original Percy Jackson stuff with my logo and of course my user name under the post. Again the main purpose of my account is to covert within Pinterest. (Get a Percy Jackson board fan to click over to The Burnt Sunset board.)

https://www.pinterest.com/theburntsunsetnovel/percy-jackson/ 

https://www.pinterest.com/theburntsunsetnovel/solstice-dayton-the-burnt-sunset-wattpad-story/ 

5 Kudos
plattertalk
Just visiting

The latest word on the street (in the ever-changing Pinterest game) is that creators are encouraged to share fresh content to relevant boards. Pinterest has also made it clear that the first pin will carry the most "cred" as all other reshares of that pin will no longer be considered as fresh (new) content. Also, be sure not to "over-pin" the same pin. They are advising that creators do not reshare the same pin to more than 10 boards. Finally, resharing the content of other creators will not help your pins get more traction. In fact, it was stated that it is perfectly acceptable to pin 100% of your own content. Thus, this really takes away any former advantage of resharing other creator's pins. People looking for content on Pinterest are looking for new stuff, thus it is fresh pins that will get the most visibility and are more likely to drive subsequent traffic to your site.

5 Kudos
allaboutbabyblog
Loves to help

@askthechefblog It's a whole science 😄

The time you pin is important (when are your readers online?) - Tailwind is a great tool to find that out
Pin fresh pins daily and stay consistent
Make sure your pin design makes people want to stop scrolling and click - it has to make them curious 🙂

It takes time to build 🙂

6 Kudos
AmericanoCrystals
Problem-solver

@askthechefblog Hey!

On the very first step it might seem little bit hard but it shouldn't discourage you, give some time for your Pinterest profile and I would recomment you

-Pin consistently at least 5x per day

-Write keyword-rich descriptions and boards. Use Pinterest like the search engine it is. Make sure your pin descriptions are on point. Use rich pins to add more information to each post.

-Design images at the proper size.

I hope it helps!

4 Kudos
foodiehomechef
Jack-of-all-trades

@PinterestGabby   The member "plattertalk" posted this in the thread on 6/24   "Finally, resharing the content of other creators will not help your pins get more traction. In fact, it was stated that it is perfectly acceptable to pin 100% of your own content. Thus, this really takes away any former advantage of resharing other creator's pins."

Is that true? I hadn't heard that & I'd like the official word from Pinterest itself! Thanks 🙂

Oh... and a big thanks to you & @PinterestJanice for all you guys do around here & for all your help with everything!!!

2 Kudos
PinterestGabby
Community Manager
Community Manager

@plattertalk and @foodiehomechef we're planning on sharing an article that should cover that and what was discussed with Tailwind yesterday. Stay tuned! 🙏

1 Kudo
foodiehomechef
Jack-of-all-trades

@PinterestGabby    Terrific! Looking forward to that article, as I'm finding it hard to understand why Pinterest wouldn't want you to pin other peoples pins. I would've thought it would be just the opposite.

1 Kudo