Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

Monthly Views Now Takes Forever To Update

ArtsyCraftery
Loves to help
  • I remember when the monthly views # on my Pinterest homepage updated daily. For some time now it takes forever to update. By forever I mean days and days, maybe a week or more. Why was this changed? Though I have been crippling along with my pinning, my motivation has suffered greatly because of this change.

I don't understand the changes in Pinterest that have caused members interaction to suffer.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
michaelbliss
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

I've seen this many times in the past couple of years, and the analytics eventually update. I don't know why this happens, it could be for any number of technical reasons, but it will definitely work itself out. This is frustrating at times, but from my own experience, I want to encourage you to keep pinning. Many pins that I posted over 6 or 7 years ago are still performing well.  You can also submit a ticket. I hope this helps you.

1 Kudo
ArtsyCraftery
Loves to help

Thank you for replying and your encouragement. It does help me to know that I'm not the only one who has noticed this change. Though I will remain at Pinterest, it's not enough to accept that this technical problem will always work itself out.

The shared issues that are important to members and that help them to diligently interact with the platform should be addressed by admin/technical staff. Info should be shared with members on how the issue came to be, if it is known. If it is not known it should be said.

It would also inspire members to be told if any solutions to restore the original or similar functionality will be implemented. If it was purposely changed then let us know and share some of the thinking behind it.

To experience the adverse changes of some important functions with no communications about it is discouraging. How will Pinterest inspire more members to use Pinterest Ads if they don't address issues that are important to them. I tested Pinterest Ads years ago. I've been so disappointed in these negative changes to the general platform that it does not motivate me to dive back in to Ads. Not saying that I never will again. Afterall, I do love Pinterest. 😍

1 Kudo