cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Massive Traffic Drop since June 20. No sign of recovery

Highlighted
Just visiting

Just adding my story here in the hope that I can find some answers.

I have experienced a large traffic drop since the end of May and and I am feeling very disheartened after a year of hard work. 

I have gone from 385k total audience to 45k in just over a month an its still sliding. I have logged a ticket to try and ascertain if my account has been flagged as spam but no progress here yet. I don't see how it could be as my pins are good quality and all my articles are written by me and other native speakers that are experienced in my niche.

I am continuing to create fresh content and pins but they do not seem to go anywhere. Some of them only generate single digit clicks per week if anything. My most popular pins no longer appear in the search engine apart from some copy cat pins that other accounts scraped previously and linked to some spurious site.

I have other traffic sources that are keeping me going but the investment in Pinterest over the last few months is breaking my heart considering where I am now. Before my impressions would spike on a given day but they are now flat lining at less than 1k. I bought some ads as an experiment and got some spikes but it was back to very low impressions when the budget ran out on these.

Should I just keep plugging on by creating content and hoping that the issue resolves? Finding it hard to get motivated considering the flatlining I see in my analytics.

1 Kudo
5 Replies
Highlighted
Just visiting

I have been having an issue for about the same time frame. My account is only blocked from search though. I've been consistently communicating with help. They acknowledged a faulty spam block and put in a fix twice, but hasn't worked. It's so frustrating to have your livelihood damaged like this for doing nothing wrong. 😞

3 Kudos
Highlighted
Loves to help

My audience is half of what it was last year. I post only original pins. I submitted tickets in May and June and they have all been closed with Pinterest saying the fix was too far out. I've been told there is an issue that will be fixed in August. Meanwhile I find spammers stealing my content every week. I have pins that have thousands of impressions one day and 24 hours laters have less than ten. I'm pretty sure there is something broken with metrics reporting. It's disheartening. I'm still creating and posting, but that's only so that I keep my skills fresh. Pinterest is my favorite platform, but I've been looking for an alternative not named Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter. I'm guessing niche platforms will be the way to go eventually if Pinterest doesn't shape up. And I don't mean niche as in small. I am an author and I've been hanging out on Wattpad - they only have book content. In your case, I'd find a niche site that has content similar to your product and start experimenting there while still remaining in Pinterest.

1 Kudo
Highlighted
Just visiting

I was never told anything about August... just that they were working on it. 
I hope they meant early August 😞

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Just visiting

hi @seriousequestrian .

It seems there are quite a few of us in the same situation.

Luckily for me, it's only been happening since July 15th.

I've been back in forth with Pinterest help, they keep trying to convince me that it's a natural organic fluctuation, only when I showed them that it clearly couldn't be (as well as proof that I've been on Pinterest enough years to tell the difference), did they say they would look further into it.

I can't imagine why they continue to deny something that's very clear to everyone. Something is going on, whatever it is, and it's ruining quality Pinterest accounts.

There are only two reasons I can think of for this pointless denial: either they have no idea how to solve it and want to diffuse blame or they're so close to getting it fix they figure they might as well deny it because it will all be well soon and no one will think about it after that.

Either way, it's unacceptable that they keep pushing us to continue to produce quality content that they know very well no one will see until they sort this out.

If there is anyone who's been in this situation who's had their issue fix, can you let us know please?
So far, all I'm finding are people still stuck in this limbo.

Good luck to all of you and let us know how it goes.

Sandy

3 Kudos
Highlighted
Just visiting

Quick update for anyone interested - my analytics are showing some signs of life since last night.

Traffic not yet back to normal but impressions seem to be significantly improved compared to what has been going on for the last few weeks. Previous viral pins still not appearing in search but hopefully things moving in right direction.

Over the last couple of weeks I have only been pinning fresh pins and have effectively stopped re pinning other peoples pins.

0 Kudos