Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

Massive drop in impressions and viewers

girlmeetstheworld
Just visiting

Hello everyone!

Has anyone experienced a massive drop in impressions and monthly viewers?

I have been following the same strategy of pinning my own content with a mix of other's for a while now using Tailwind and it had been working amazingly well. I also manually pin a few on Pinterest every day.

For the past 2 days, the impressions and monthly viewers have dropped drastically even though the strategy is the same. Has anyone else experienced this? If you did, what worked for you? 

Looking forward to hearing your experiences.

- Girl Meets The World

16 Kudos
41 Replies
allaboutbabyblog
Loves to help

Yes! It’s horrible 😕 

I went from 529k monthly viewers to now 400k and it still goes down with very little impressions 😐

I hope it can be fixed soon...it’s not much fun using Pinterest for traffic right now and I usually love Pinterest 😕

3 Kudos
therealsouthamerica
Jack-of-all-trades

I feel you on strategy I thought oh no did I miss something? What am I doing wrong?

Thanks for bringing it up! 😎✌️🙏

Lisa

3 Kudos
SimplySharingLife
Just visiting

My client went from over 600,000 mthly viewers to 149,000.

Over the past 2 weeks it has dropped like a bowling ball.

What is going on?   It is very hard to build up a viewer base!

3 Kudos
SimplySharingLife
Just visiting

Thank you!  I do management for a page that had over 630,000 monthly viewers and over past 2 weeks dropped to 140,000 yet followers going up.    

This is devastating....  I work hard at this.   😞

5 Kudos
SimplySharingLife
Just visiting

JUST HEARD:

PINTEREST closed for next 2 days.

What is going on?

Are they working on Engineering issues?

Will our numbers be returned to what they were?

THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT to many of us.

5 Kudos
SimplySharingLife
Just visiting

One site of mine went from 890,000 down to 140,000

It is horrible for us.

2 Kudos
blingblinkyoftx

Oh yes indeed! I have watched everything evaporate to less than half of count and going down.  Glad to see that Pinterest Teams are looking into the disruption for sure!

3 Kudos
typicallytopical
Loves to help

Hey! I'm so relieved to see this post. I've had the same issue for over 2 weeks. I went from 5-15k impressions per pin to around 2-3 impressions per pin. It doesn't matter what I put out or when, it doesn't seem to go anywhere. I've dropped from 3.5 million viewers to 2.1 million in the space of 2 weeks. I'm so hoping for a fix soon!!!

4 Kudos
typicallytopical
Loves to help

Same here! Used to seeing a couple thousand impressions per pin, now only 2-3!

1 Kudo
girlmeetstheworld
Just visiting
Hey @hostesstori. Yes, I've actually gained a few subscribers but I'm not sure if it's because of the algorithm change or because I started getting a lot more active on Tailwind. My impressions have now been constant for the past 4 days. Thank you for bringing up this point. It's definitely something I'll dive deep into and figure out 🙂 -Girl Meets The World
1 Kudo